50. Jealous Over You

Aiden's P.O.V

"One more!" Arianna hollered as I glared at her for the hundredth time.

"Geez princess! I know I am really strong but I am not a superman! Give me a break!" I exclaimed as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"You call that strong? Still 50 pull-ups are left Aiden. Doesn't sound like a strong man if you give up at that!" She mocked me as I jumped down from the bar, crossing my arms at her.

"I did 150 pull-ups Arianna! After 100 pushups and 50 squats. Not to forget the hour long warmup! That warmup was more rigorous than 300 pushups and trust me, I hate pushups!" I huffed at her as she stood stoic.

"I am not letting you out there with me without this. But of course, if this is too much then you can always back out..." She drawled over, mischief twinkling in her eyes.

So this is what it was.

She wanted me to give up so that she can have me away. If seen from a general view it might seem like the sweetest and most caring move ever but not to me. I am coming, to hell with her stupid tricks.

I am not leaving that easily princess.

"No it's fine. I just needed this break. Guess I got it!" I shrugged as I walked back to the bar, shooting her a side smirk as she let out a low frustrated groan.

Finally when we were done, I sprawled down on the floor as Arianna sighed loudly lying down beside me.

"What do I have to do to get you to quit?" She hissed at me as I chuckled at her futile attempts.

"Well you can- wait I am not saying since I don't wanna quit!" I grinned at her.

"Why don't you understand my dilemma? It is tough for me to accept that you are meddling with the mafia because of me! This was not supposed to happen, we were not supposed to be so close. I had it all planned but now all is destroyed. Now all I can depend on is the present and it's scary. The last time I went by gut instinct, my parents ended up dead and I restarted the French mafia. Now everyone close to me scares me. Theo and Oliver have trained the same as me but when I became the leader, even their safety scares me. This position is way too overwhelming sometimes."

She turned her head away as I just stared at her. Sometimes I forget she is just like a me, a 20 year old girl going to college. I can't even imagine how it must be to handle a whole fucking mafia gang and seek revenge against some scary people like the Russians.

"Hey Aiden are you yet alive- Oh! What are you guys doing?" Theo burst in as he suddenly narrowed his eyes at the both of us. 

Arianna cleared her throat as she got up quickly. I rolled my eyes as I slowly got up, taking my own sweet time.

"Is he alive?" I heard Oliver's voice as he walked in.

"I am barely but it's fine!" I said as Oliver grinned at me.

"Anyways Anna, you need to come with me now. We need to go over the plan once again." Theo said as Arianna nodded at him.

"Hope you don't mind Aiden that I am stealing your personal trainer!" Theo smirked at me as I forced a smile whereas Arianna punched his arm.

"arrête de le taquiner! (Stop teasing him!)" Arianna said as he just chuckled at me.

"Mais c'est tellement amusant!  (But it is so fun!)" Theo pouted as she laughed at him as she pulled him out the room, both laughing together.

"You might wanna stop staring at the Theo as if you would shoot him the moment I hand you a gun!" Oliver piped in, breaking me out of my trance.

I flexed my muscles as I walked back to him and shrugged, "What you saying bro? There is nothing like that!"