Chapter Two - First Impressions

Y/n's POV
It took under a minute for new faces to surround Momo and I.
"Of course the rich girls would know each other, it just makes sense!"
"She's pretty!" A girl with a bob of pink hair beams.
"I can't wait to get her number and maybe even sneak a littl-"

SMACK!

The short, purple haired boy who crept his way closer to the back of the class was stopped mid-sentence by a slap to the face, courtesy of a cute girl with straight forrest green locks tied near the ends in a bow which sat at the lower half of her back.

Shrinking a little towards Momo, I try my best to speak up. "One at a time, please... I can't understand you guys when you're all shouting."

Momo nods in agreement, her raven ponytail bobbing with her head movement. "As Y/n-chan said before, she's been homeschooled for a very long time and needs a little time to adjust. She'll be more than happy to meet all of you over the next few days."

'Momo, you are my saviour.'

"Maybe we can try asking questions to get to know her?" A crimson eyed boy with sharp teeth suggests to which I nod lightly, slightly unsure but willing to try.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" A straw blonde male speaks up in what I assume is a joking manner.

"Excuse me?"

"Kaminari!" Momo scolds him, the boy supposedly named Kaminari raises his hands in mock surrender, a cocky grin taking form on his face. What caught my attention the most about his appearance is the black lightning bolt shaped streak dyed into the lightly coloured locks of his hair.
"I'm kidding!" The blonde reasons. He makes his way to the front of the group and holds his outstretched hand in my direction.
"I'm Denki Kaminari, it's nice to meet you." Returning the handshake with a little hesitation, I muster a small, polite smile.

'...I'm not so sure about this guy.'

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Kaminari-san." Taking my hands in hers, Momo speaks up once more.
"Maybe she should just go around and meet everyone in her own time... she already looks quite uncomfortable." Her charcoal eyes reflected a sense of knowing.
"I'm sure that was just because of Kaminari's forwardness", a punk rock looking girl pipes up.
"I'm Kyoka Jirou, by the way." I nod in acknowledgement, a feeling slight relief hits me as the group of curious students disperses.

"I hope we can be friends, Jirou-san." The shorter purple-ette smiles lightly at this.
"Any friend of Yao-Momo is a friend of mine. Just call me Jirou. The girls begin introducing themselves one by one, each of their personalities unique from the last. A surprisingly fun group if I do say so myself.

"I'm Ochako Uraraka!"

"Toru Hagakure!"

"I'm Tsuyu Asui, call me Tsu."

"It's great to have another girl here! I'm Mina Ashido!"

"How about we all go for boba after school? You know, to get to know Tachiagaru-chan?" The forest green haired girl, now matched up to the nickname Tsu suggests.

"What do you think, Y/n-chan?" Momo questions.

I nod happily, my nerves fading to a light simmer as I realise just how welcoming these girls are. Smiles erupt all around and a couple giggles of excitement ring out, that excitement seems to bubble in my chest as well.

"Tachiagaru-chan, do you have a nickname at all?" Ashido asks with a head tilt.
"No, I don't... my last name is a bit of a mouthful though, huh?"
"Hm...how about 'Chia'? As in the seed?" Uraraka suggests.
"The word is a segment of her name... and it does seem to fit her." Jirou twirls the ends of her indigo bob.
"I'm happy with that." I smile giddily.
"Chia it is!" Cheers Hagakure.

------

Kaminari's POV
"So, you're really not going to go for her?" I shake my head adamantly at the ravenette's question. "As I said, I think I'm going to step back from flirting with everything that has a face."
"What, you bang clocks now?" Mineta pipes up.
"Very funny." I roll my eyes, pushing the indigo haired boy's face away from mine.
"I think being just friends with this girl will be enough. Let's try and make her feel welcome."
"That's... suprisingly mature of you, dude." Kirishima gives me a reassuring smile. I shoot a smirk back, elbowing the red head in the ribs softly.
"I'm pretty damn mature, you've only known me for a couple weeks so don't place bets yet!"
"I don't know, man. We're basically brothers already. I know you like the back of my hand!" Chuckling at our antics, I turn towards Mineta... or rather, the space the short male once occupied.
'Oh boy...'
Following my grape-haired classmate with swift steps, I try to catch him before he can make an ass of himself.
"If Kaminari won't go for it, that's his loss! That just means more for me!" Mineta makes a point at lunging towards Tachiagaru, ready to grasp at the poor girl with his perverted paws.
Before I can even comprehend my next action, I shout.
"Tachiagaru-san! Watch out!"

CRASH!

...
...
...

'How many people are staring right now?'

...
...
...

'It's the whole class, huh?'

Picking my head up and prying my eyes open, I realise that I'm now ontop of the new girl. Supporting the back of her head with my left hand and holding her closely with my right arm as a way to protect her from the floor.

'Ow... my back. This is so much easier as Yoru. We must've rolled...'

"Hey, are you okay?" I lock eyes with her and realise just how red in the face she is.

'Damn, must've embarrassed her.'

"Way to steal my new babe, Kaminari." Mineta scoffs, leaving me to glare up at him for a moment.

After a second of silence in her tense state, the girl in my arms begins to fidget. Fidgeting turns to flailing as she kicks me away, leaving me in a state of confusion as Yao-Momo helps the e/c eyed girl get to her feet.

"...those two are friends, right?" The h/c-ette mutters. The tall ravenette next to her nods, causing Tachiagaru's face to contort in disgust, as our eyes meet once more I feeling the ice of her glare climb down my spine.
The two turn, Yao-Momo giving a slight stern yet sympathetic look before walking to the far side of the classroom.

"What? What did I do?!" I frantically look around for an answer in the faces of my onlooking classmates and friends. Two hands hook under my arms and jerk my body upwards, leaving me stumbling. Turning, I see Bakugo stuff his hands back into his pockets.

"What did I do?!" Bakugo mocks, causing me to huff.

"You were face-deep in her chest, man." Kiri glances at me with a look of cringe and surprise.

...
...
...

'Oh fuck.'