Chapter-17

Diego pulled me towards rest of my brothers, I hesitantly made my way towards them. "Callie,Don't you remember Mr and Mrs Greywire, Renee and Alex, you used to play with them" Diego asked me while I just stood with a blank face.

No, not at all, Can I leave now?

Even Xander looked like he would be anywhere else rather than here.

The moment Greywire family Saw me their smiles dropped, well they didn't expect me to make a sudden appearance.

Surprise!

Don't worry, Same here.

"Callista, I saw you when you were a small child, you have grown up so much" Mr Greywire spoke finally managing to put some affection into his tone, I gave him a small smile.

"We didn't expect you darling, when did you arrive?" Mrs Greywire asked me sweetly.

"She arrived on Saturday" Damien answered for me.

"Come let's have the dinner then" Edward spoke, trying to remove some tension in the air.

I don't know how to react, I was sitting between Xander and Victor as servents served us food. It was a silent dinner until Mrs Greywire decided to make some conversation.

"So Callie dear, how long will you be staying" Mrs Greywire asked with a sweet smile.

"Callie isn't going anywhere, she will be staying with us" Victor answered for me, before I could open my mouth.

"Oh" They looked clearly unimpressed with this news, Renee was failing miserably to hide her disappointment.

Sorry to disappoint you bitch!

"What about school?, if I am correct schools have already started months ago" she asked

"We have enrolled her in our school" Damien answered her politely, Well may be a bit over polite in my opinion.

"Changing school Suddenly put so much pressure on children's studies" she spoke trying to sound understanding.

Okay I got it, From her looks and tone, she and her family clearly got some problem with me. Why don't you all write down everything in a paper and shove it into your mouth itself.

"Callie, you must definitely come to my art exhibition this weekend. It's a great event,paintings from various famous artists will be displayed" Renee replied in her sugar coated voice.

Not at all, I wont even dare to come near it.

I then gave her my best fake smile.

"Callie, you can't even guess how much our Renee achieved by herself over these years. She made a name for her in fashion and art industry. She grown So talented, I couldn't be more proud of her" Mrs Greywire gave her little speech smiling at her daughter proudly

Good for her, but I am not sure about that talented part.

She continued further much to my amusement, " Number of proposals is coming for her from various established people, but we rejected all of them, we are looking for someone we know and is capable of taking care of our Renee like a princess that she is" Mrs Greywire then took a glance at Victor.

Okay! They are trying for a proposal between their sweet Renee and Victor.

Great! It will be a match made in heaven.

I took a glance at Victor to see his expression, it was stone cold as usual.

"Good luck with that, you will need it" I muttered under my breathe, but I guess Victor and Xander heard that.

Xander started to chuckle, which he tried to cover up with coughing so poorly, even Victor looked amused.

"Callista, I heard about your mother, she was such a great women" Mr Greywire offered as a condolence.

I tensed, Did he have to bring that up now, But I kept on my blank mask I perfected all these years.

"Yeah .....of course, she was a great women" my voice dropped with sarcasm.

I could feel my brothers froze at that, they clearly understood that tone of mine, but Mr Greywire fully brought it.

My mother and stepdad Andrew met with a accident 3 months after I ran away from home, I read about this in newspaper. That day I cried, because I loved her once, she was my mother. But then I didn't drop a single tear for her.

"Catherine was a good friend of mine, moreover she was a great mom, she does everything to make her children happy and safe" Mrs Greywire spoke sadly looking tearful.

One of the biggest lie I heard in my life.

I wanted to laugh at her, really women?

"Yeah, She was such a great mom, I wouldn't get any better mother who care about me so much" I replied giving her a sweet smile I could muster at that moment.

My brothers were looking at me Silently, the irony wasn't lost on them.

"I can't even imagine how you must have managed, that too at such a young age" she basically poured all the emotions she could into her words.

You don't even have any idea women!

I gripped my hands tightly trying the best I could, not to shout her to Shut the fuck up.

"Alex how's your school going on" Edward asked, clearly trying to change the topic.

Well it worked.

Mrs greywire spent next 10 minutes bragging about her son's talent, while Renee was trying desperately to catch Victor's attention.

But seems like her luck is worser than mine.