𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 39

♡︎𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟♡︎

are we truly alive or just breathing?

Look at you... You're young and you're scared. Why are you so scared?

Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words and caring what people would think. Wear whatever the fuck you want. Say your words. Listen to your music. Play it loud as hell and dance to it. Go out for a drive at midnight and forget that you have school the next day. Stop waiting for Friday, live now. Do it. take risks. Tell secrets. This life is yours.

When are you going to realize that you can do whatever you want?

The only thing that's scary is the fact that you can literally change your life at any moment. You could stop talking to everyone that makes me unhappy. You could kiss whoever you want,.. Nothing is stopping you. The entire world is in your hands and you havr no idea what to do with it.

Just let love in. Tell people how you feel, and do not worry about being too much. Be too much. Care too much. Let people show up for you. Let people you that there is goodness in this world. Be vulnerable, do not be afraid of what you feel. Try to find beauty in each breakdown, try to move forward and let go;

Try to learn and believe in new beginnings despite what you have been through. Kiss the faces of your friends, hug their broken pieces back together, laugh loudly and hope loudly and live loudly but be gentle with yourself, be gentle with your healing.

Connect with every ounce of who you are and every inch of your heart, mind and soul. Because you tell your story once and yours isn't meant to be finished yet.

"good morning oph" came the way first thing when i answered Elodie's call.

"hey lodie. how are you?" i asked her.

"all good other than Lucas's snoring. he really came here to sleep on the couch." she whined.

"well ouch."

"oh by the way, we're going shopping!!!" lodie squealed.

"not todayy! it's Sunday. let me rest" i said while making myself comfortable in the living room.

"i'm sending Karl to your house" she hung up. she fucking hung up on me.

Anyway.. i switched on the tv and decided to watch random channels so i can keep my mind from wandering. it did way too much of that last night.

"LET ME INNN" oh... Karl really came.

"OPHELIAA!!" why the fuck does he have to be this annoying?

i opened the door to be greeted by his grinning face. you didn't annoy the shit out of me at all!

"shut up" i can sense a headache forming. stop being dramatic.

"why are you so mean?" he pouted.

"no no i meant it in a delicate way.. you know?..." then in a sweet voice i continued "shut up darling"

he looked at me weirdly and opened his mouth again.

"movinnng onnn... Let's get you dressed so u can renew some of your items!!! i'm so excited!!!!!"

"don't you want to eat ice cream and binge watch stranger things?" maybe persuading him will work.

"no no!! and even non in French." he mimicked a french accent.

"let me put my music, you'll go wear something more presentable, and don't you dare make me pause the song to listen to your ugly voice" he flipped his 'hair' and went up to my room. let me die right now.

After choosing an outfit and fixing my hair out of its bird nest, and of course applying some makeup, i was done and we were heading to Elodie's house so we can start out 'journey'.

"Get in loser!!! We're going shopping" Karl said when lodie got out of the house. And he reached out to press the 'beep' but i slapped his hand away.

"karl" i hissed. "don't make Martha come for our necks again" Martha is Elodie's annoying neighbor, to be fair we are the ones who annoy all the neighborhood, but let us live.

"i'll talk to mademoiselle Martha myself" he mimicked a french accent, then turned to Elodie who just sat in the backseat "por favor si es posible que- que..."

"karl that's Spanish you idiot. anyway helloooo lovess" Elodie greeted us.

"hey lods" i said reversing out of my parking spot.

"how is my favorite people doing?"

"i'm all good expect for my broken heart" Karl put his hand on his heart dramatically.

"tell me the address." i told him and Elodie continued.

"i'll bring a shovel and ophelia would kidnap him... burying him alive seems like a good idea."

"no no. i have a better one" i interjected. "let's manifest that his phone won't charge overnight, or his sleeves roll up when he's putting on a jacket,or roll down when he's washing his hands-

" that's cruel! "

-i know i can be mean" i smirked at both of them.

"anywayy... what happened karls?" questioned him lodie.

"well you know mr smexy hawt dude that has his eyes on our miss doctor in here?" he rambled and Elodie nodded.

"well he's been delivering me breakfast and a rose everyday all week so i thought i was mister steel your man... And he even came personally to bring it yesterday, but it turns out that it was ophelia's all the time" euh euhm i- wh-

"the good part is that out bestie here won't die with 17 cats and even scored a hot ass man, annnd the breakfast was damn good the whole week." he winked at me.

"karls i don't know if you know this but they're exes..." lods cringed at her own words.

"oh shit what?!" then he turned to me "they look at each other a little too long to not be in love!"

"they are still in love but none of them likes to admit it, let's change the subject tho" lodie answered him.

"who told you that? maybe we kind of did yesterday..." i focused so hard on the road to hide my blush.

"oh bloody hell!!! spill the mother effing tea!!!!!" the weirdo next to me clapped his hands.

"let's just say that both of us loved too much, that the universe wanted a break for a love this strong." i mumbled.

"i swear that's true.. like she looks and dreams about him like he put the stars in her skye, and he doesn't need the moon and the sun if she was there" the other psycho in the backseat agreed with me.

"fuck i feel single."

"wait for real now, are you back with him oph?" asked Elodie, and i turned off the engine as i parked in the empty spot, looking at them.

"maybe not today's but hopefully tomorrow."

_______________________________________

𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝 10 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 2:30 𝐚𝐦 ...

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲... 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭.

♡︎♡︎♡︎