Chapter 20. How to Save a Broken Soul.

~Broken~

~Broken~

(Of a person) having given up all hope; despairing.

~No one's P.O.V~

"You're not saying anything, so I guess that means I have my answer." Ban broke the silence between the two.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Y/n dismissed after a moment of silence, holding the stare down between the both of them.

She didn't seem to be able to focus on Ban, however. Not with King's whimpers and cries for his friend Helbram in the background, "This is not the time for you to bring this up." She added.

Ban noticed the dark look in her eyes. Something most people would be running from, but in reality, it was a silent question, "If I kill him, she'll be brought back to life." Ban voiced, his grip on his staff tightening when Y/n didn't seem to let up. Y/n heard Hawk huff out behind her as he got Meliodas onto his back.

"Who the hell told you something so ridiculous as that?" She asked the man, keeping her voice low and calm. She didn't have time to it all at once.

Ban.

Meliodas.

Helbram.

King.

Elizabeth.

The town.

"Some stuck up lady calling herself a Goddess!" Hawk shouted, his ear flapping up and down, "She was talking to us through this big ass horn!" That made Meliodas open one eyes, ignoring the blood laced above it.

"Huh?" Left Y/n mouth shortly before she was hit in the stomach with the end of Ban's staff before the man swung around, hitting her with the other end of it. She flew over Hawk and Meliodas and into the castle wall behind them.

Y/n groaned in the crater her body had created. Ban began to make his way towards Meliodas and Hawk when Y/n lifted herself out, placing her feet against the wall swiftly before pushing off it, heading straight for Ban.

The girl almost crashed into her target, but it was cut short by Ban defence, the third part of his staff swinging into the side of Y/n's head, cutting a large wound open, running from her ear to the side of her chin before crashing into the ground, breaking it in the process.

"You idiot, Ban!" Hawk's shout sounded behind Ban, his back was tense, he didn't seem to be able to breath, he didn't seem to be able to move.

Instead, he just stood there, looking down at Y/n.

"Ban! What d-id you do?!" Meliodas shouted from his place on Hawk's back, doing his best to glare at the man in leather.

"If you keep this up, our friendship's over, you got it?!" Ban didn't turn. His scarlet eyes were locked dead.