Chapter 2

HALLEY'S P.O.V

I looked through that window again. I knew that the person that was lying down on that bed was not my sister, but, honestly, it felt like it.

Ever since the moment I had seen that woman, I had felt such a huge connection to her. I had even tried not to get involved in her case, but here I was, making sure that she was doing alright.

"Hey" Meredith smiled while approaching me, but I barely looked at her before fixing my gaze in the room again. "Even if I wanted to believe it, I know it's not her, Hayley" she told me as I sighed. "She might look exactly like her, but it's not Lexie"

"I know" I whispered with sadness, since I knew that I would never have my big sister back with me.

"Are you sure you're okay working in her case?" my sister asked, to what I nodded slightly. "I can talk to Amelia..."

"She's not going to listen" I interrupted her. "And I'm okay" I assured her even if I wasn't.

Meredith just stared at me for a few seconds before ending up embracing me. She was not much of a hugger, but at that moment she was concerned about what I could be going through.

"I miss her everyday" I broke up the silence as she pulled me away.

"I do, too, Hay" she said. "She would have been as proud of you as I am" she got me to smile for a bit.

As I stared back into the room, I see that the patient was starting to wake up, her sister, who had been sitting by her side the whole time, gently squeezing her hand as if she was trying to calm her down.

LEXIE'S P.O.V

"Alex, it's okay" Kara tried to calm her down when she opened her eyes, slowly scanning the room, a hospital room.

"Where are we?" she asked, feeling her panic rise as she was starting to recognize the place. "We need to leave" she told Kara.

"No, we can't" the girl who had been her little sister for the last eight years answered. "You had a pretty bad motorcycle accident" Kara explained.

She shook her head. They needed to leave before it was too late, before someone in that hospital could recognize her.

"No, you don't understand. They can't see me" she pointed out, trying to get up. "I'm dead for them" she needed to lie down again after a wave of dizziness hit her.

"I think it's already too late for that" Kara barely murmured, just as the door was getting open.

Amelia Sheperd was the first person that walked inside. However, she could have never imagined that her baby sister was going to do it too.

Hi!

This is the second chapter!

Thanks so much for reading, let me know what you think,

Ayrin