Chapter 11 : The differences

The school's cafeteria was bustling with life, the many restaurants and fast food places full of hungry students

The school's cafeteria was bustling with life, the many restaurants and fast food places full of hungry students. It looked like the top floor of a shopping mall, and you'd be surprised if someone told you it was actually in a school.

At one of the tables in the less populated area sat 3 young girls. Like almost everyone else, they were talking about the huge news that were given to them this morning.

"I don't have a good feeling about this." Diana bit into the burger she had ordered.

"Why not? I think it's nice that we get to meet new people. Besides, it's only college students. How bad can it be?" Celine defended.

"It can be really bad." Diana countered.

"Celine is right. We don't even need to talk to those kids or even look at them." Ray hummed.

"Are you actually stupid?" Diana cringed. "I'm not worried about us, I'm worried about them.

Celine and Ray looked at each other strangely before turning back to their friend. "What do you mean?"

"Look around you." The girl began, eyes darting around the fancy dining hall. "What do you notice that all these people have in common?" 

Only silence met her, as expected, therefore Diana just continued. "They're all spoiled brats."

"What does that have to do with anything." Ray took a sip from her coke.

"They all feel superior. Better than anyone else. They're all huge narcissists because all their life they've never been told no." Diana sat back in her chair with a sigh.

"Hey, we aren't like that." Celine interjected with minor offense. "And that's not really true. I think this school has much nicer people than the last one I went to."

"Because their self-centered asses are a bit contained because they're surrounded by equally wealthy people." Diana countered. "You'd be surprised how many people I've heard speak of the middle and working classes as if they're animals. They have no composure or morals and I'm scared that some of those kids coming are going to suffer."

"That's true, but there's teachers to prevent these things from happening. The principal basically said that he expected this, and someone who is found making fun of someone else's wealth status will suffer the consequences. Many of the kids here are goody-two-shoes because of their parent's expectations of them. How can you get into an ivy league if you get suspended?" Ray explained.

Diana just sighed. "Hopefully you're right."

🡆

"Oh wow." Tommy gawked, staring at his mom with wide eyes. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I just got the e-mail. You guys will be moving to the Carisbrooke college. At least for the time being." His mother explained whilst blankly staring at the screen of her laptop.

Tommy was still a bit star-struck, wondering whether this was something good or bad.

Sure, it seemed better to him than the online learning the school had offered, but yet again, he was a bit skeptical about the learning environment there. They were going to the most expensive school in the UK after all, what kind of people could be in attendance.

"I think it's a good opportunity." Tommy's dad interjected as he poured himself a glass of water. "The kids there must be really hardworking, I heard they accept some of the best students in the entire nations on scholarships. Maybe that will make our Tom get a little inspired." He laughed.

"Dad, come on. I literally got a B on that last test and you're complaining." Tommy whined.

"Sorry, sorry, but you always have to push to get a little higher. Even if that means hearing a terrible joke from me once in a while."
"Don't talk to me." Tommy deadpanned, deciding to turn and go up the stairs to his room. "I'LL BE STREAMING, DON'T COME INTO MY ROOM!" 

Shutting the door, the boy immediately headed for his computer, sitting down and sliding his headset on. He noticed that Tubbo was going to end his stream soon, therefore decided to begin his now to get that sweet raid. 

He looked over to his discord, now remembering who he had to stream with since it was a lore stream. 

With an eye roll, he entered the already occupied VC-2. "Bitchface."

"Asshole." The voice responded in a monotone tone. "You're late." 

"Nah, you're just early." Tommy responded, although he knew that he was indeed late.

Ray didn't want to mention it, simply waiting in silence as Tommy's "stream starting soon" screen disappeared and his Minecraft screen and face cam replaced it.

"What is up chat?" He called out in his usual hype tone, immediately being met with a positive response. "How we doing today?"

And then the stream went on, just like the last.

Y'all i don't hate rich ppl lol it's just for the story