Chapter 8 - A birthday boy's surprise

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

A birthday boy's surprise

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

It's finally the big day, you and Rapunzel had been planning the party the best you could without Varian finding out.

And believe me, keeping Varian away was the toughest part of the week, but it'll be worth it because it was finally all set up.

Kinda.

You still needed to organize the whole party, but the planning was done at least.

You slowly walk over to Varian who's still sleeping in a hammock in the caravan.

"Varian."

He groans and shoves his head under his pillow.

"Varian." You say slightly louder in a sing-song tone.

He finally turns his head to look at you still with his eyes closed and replies with a "Hm?"

You giggle softly, "You know what day it is?"

"Ham sandwiches..." he replies in his sleep.

You tilt your head, "Wha- No silly it's your birthday!"

Varian nods with his eyes still closed, "Oh it's my birthday...-" Suddenly his eyes shoot open, "Oh yeah!!!"

You brush your hand through his hair making him shut his eyes again, "Look, why don't you get ready, the gang are getting things ready for... when we leave so it's just you and me."

Varian replies with a hum and smiles when you kiss his cheek before walking out of the caravan to meet Rapunzel, who's got the others up.

Cass yawns, "Why did you get us up so early?"

"Well, It's Varians birthday today and he's never had a birthday party before. So, Rapunzel and I have been planning for the past few days to give him one. It doesn't have to be too perfect, just enough to impress him and to show that we do care for him."

Eugene smirks and leans on your shoulder, "ah, so by 'we' you mean, you want to impress him." he ruffles your hair.

You punch his arm playfully, "Shut up Eugene. Now Rapunzel, wanna help me go over the plans?"

Rapunzel squeals excitedly and claps her hands.

You smile and take out a few scrolls from your satchel, each with a name on.

"Rapunzel you're on decorations, right?" You hand over her scroll.

"On it! And we've already started to make some decorations, right pascal?" Pascal squeaks and shows you some beaker shaped banners. Rapunzel runs off to begin making decorations again.

You grin then look over to Sophie, "Soph, do you wanna find the perfect spot to have the party? And remember we need a place where it's a clear sky for the you know what."

Sophie grins, "Got it!"

"Leo, can you go with Sophie? I have a feeling she might need some help." you giggle.

Leo nods and flies over to Sophie.

"What about me?" Cass asks.

"Well, I need someone to go down to the bakery to get the cake Rapunzel and I ordered from the bakery. Could you do that?"

Cass nods.

"Ooo! What are we gonna do!!" Lance asks excitedly.

You smirk, "Well, what could the chef of the snuggly duckling possibly do?"