The Lady Who Never Grew

The young white haired boy sat at the dining table with his family. The lady who never grew was there. She served food, made drinks, cleaned dishes, swept the floors, and many other things. He had never seen her make a mistake, he actually thought that she was a robot. That is until this day.

He watched as the girl cleaned up from the diner they had, he noticed that she never ate anything, he eyed her carefully as she picked up dishes and put away leftovers. It was when from her soaked hands slipped the serving plate that violence ensued. A large expensive piece was now broken, and at the fault of her hands

Gojo Sataoru had never seen his father angry before that day.

His mother wouldn't let him leave the table, claiming that it wasn't safe with all the glass on the floor. His blue eyes watched the girl start to pick up larger shards until his father stomped over to her.

His eyes widened as his father grabbed the girl, who was on her hands and knees cleaning, and threw her down onto the glass. He could hear his father's voice screaming at the girl but he couldn't believe that it was his dad. It was all fuzzed out in his ears. His dad wasn't like this.

He sat at the table complicity as the girl was dragged back up off of the floor by her hair. forced to walk across the shards with her bare feet that had never before been gifted with coverage. His father walked her out into the backyard and that's when he heard the most disgusting sound his ears had experienced.

The sound of metal clanking before there was a short silence. He could hear the sound of something snapping through the air. It was like a loud pop. He listened to it around ten times before he heard a sob that had his stomach turning. There were at least 15 more cracks that sounded.

The sob soon turned into a yelp, and soon to a broken scream.

The sound stopped and the metal clinking was heard again. Then a spray of water was heard, then it was gone again. Suddenly the girl was brought back in, held tightly by her upper arm. She was once again thrown onto the glass on the ground.

She made no noise as she picked it all up, the pieces digging into her legs and hands, drawing blood that she seemed unaware of. He could only see her cheeks, the tears streaming down them made his heart clench. All she did was drop a plate, why did his father do this to her?

Once everything was picked up, he was allowed to leave the table. He went to the kitchen to grab water before bed. He saw the pretty lady leaning over the sink, staring at the sky longingly and clutching something wrapped in a cloth.

He forgot all about his water as he sprinted to the bathroom and threw up everything that he had for dinner. He wasn't yet accustomed to grotesque sights like the one provided to him in the kitchen.

The back of the pretty lady's shirt was torn to shreds. As was her skin. The majority of the blood had been rinsed off outside when he heard the hose come on.

Her back was in shreds. He could clearly see her spine, the bone having no coverage and being left open to the world. There were chunks of skin that he thought were bigger than his hand that were missing. Gaping holes in her back, and she seemed not to mind.

He asked his mother about it that night when she went to tuck him in for bed.

"That thing in there is what is known as a curse. It is very bad, and evil. It would kill you if we gave it the chance. It doesn't feel anything that we feel. It doesn't feel love, joy, humor, sadness. And it doesn't feel pain, that's what makes it so dangerous. One day you will own it."

That was all she said, then she left and went to bed.

——