Part 33

Next day was lavanya's haldi. Lavanya's and nk's haldi took place in different areas of shantivan so that they did not get to see each other. Khushi was ensuring that they do not meet. During nk's haldi khushi took the haldi and ran behind NK, who was trying his best to save himself from khushi. But finally khushi almost caught hold of nk. She turned to take the haldi in her hands and then without looking at him applied haldi on his face saying: ab humse bachke kaha jayenge nanheji...(where will you run away from me??)

In reply she heard: what the...

She looked up and saw instead of Nk she had put haldi on her laad governor. What happened was while khushi had turned to take the haldi, nk ducked and at the same time arnav was coming down the stairs talking to someone over the phone and hence the mishap.

Khushi : hey devi maaiya...nanheji..laaad..laad governor..kaise..kaise ban gaye (she said this looking straight at arnav with fear in her eyes that he would just start yelling) (how did nanheji become laad governor)

She looked around and saw Nk running away saying : humey saaf kar dijiye khushiji...(please forgive me..)

Khushi still nervous said: saaf..saaf..nehi nanheji ..maaf (her voice still shaking)

Arnav was still standing there trying to gauge what cyclone had just hit him. He looked down at his shirt and said: khushi tum koi kaam dekh ke nehi kar sakti....(khushi can't you watch before you do something)

Khushi: dekhna to aap ko chahiye...aapne aake nanheji ki jagah le li to hum kya karein (you should see..you took his place ..what do I do)

Arnav: WHAT????...mera shirt kharab kar diya...firse change karna parega. (you have spoilt my shirt...I need to change) He went straight to his room.

Khushi: devi maiya..ab hum kya karein?? She followed him to the room.

Arnav went into the room and stood infront of the mirror. He was shocked to see his face all covered with haldi. He yelled infront of the mirror: what the...

Khushi had just walked in at that time and could not control her laughter seeing his expression and his haldi covered face. He saw her through the mirror and turned.

Arnav: what's so funny?? Has kyun rahi ho?? (why are you laughing?)

Khushi walked up to him, tried to control her laughter but then again bursted out and said: is waqt aapko koi dekhega to uski halat bhi hamari jaisi hogi..(if anybody sees you now, his condition would be like mine)

Arnav: aachha?? Bohot hasi aa rahi hai..and started moving towards her. She immediately started moving back.(okk... you cannot control your laughter right...)

Khushi: aap..aap ..(you..you)

Arnav: haan main kya khushi?? Ab hasi nehi aa rahi hai tumhe? (me what khushi? Are you not feeling like laughing now?)

Khushi: dekhiye aap...(see you..) They didn't realize that they had moved to the edge of the bed. Khushi lost balance and so did arnav who had closed in and both fell on the bed.

Arnav fell on top of khushi. Khushi's heart started racing and she started breathing heavily. Arnav closed in more and rubbed his right cheek on her left cheek and his left cheek on her right, still lying on top of her. So now both their faces were covered with haldi.

Arnav looked at her and said almost in a whisper: kya hua ab hasi kyun ruk gayi tumhari?? (what happened? Why did your laughter stop?). His warm breathe on khushi's face was making her lose control of the situation.

Arnav then rubbed his nose with hers and asked : tumhari dhadkaney itni tez kyun ho gayi?(why is your heart racing so fast?) His lips were teasing her just being inches apart from hers. She could almost feel them at the same time he was making her wait for that moment.

Arnav asked again in a whisper: tumne bataya nehi ki tumhari dhadkan...(you didn't say why your heart...)

Khushi just managed to say: kyunki..kyunki aap paas ho...(because..because..you are so near..)

Arnav: kyun mere paas aaney se kya fark padta hai tumhe (why does it affect you when I am near..)(in the most romantic soft voice). His lips touching her lips as he was saying these words due to their close proximity.

Khushi just said: kyunki...(because)and her lips touched his. Arnav couldn't tease her anymore as soon as this happened. He started kissing her passionately and khushi also gave into this. The moment lasted really long than they could have imagined. They broke the kiss only when they were absolutely breathless.

Arnav gradually got up and sat. khushi quickly got up as well and was about to go when arnav held her hand and said: khushi... ab to kehedo...(khushi..please say it now..)

Khushi turned. She was absolutely red now after the passionate moment with him. He also got up from bed , still holding her hand. She said: hum..hum aapse..(i..i..)

Just then anjali and payal came in as the door was open and saw arnav holding her hand and both their faces covered with haldi. It didn't take much time for them to understand their situation.

Anjali: ahem...ahem..payalji lagta hai yahaan to koi aur hi haldi ka match chal raha tha...(seems like a different kind of a match was going on here)

Arnav quickly let go of her hand and turned towards the cupboard. Anjali walked towards him and said: waise hamarey chhotey haldi lagake bilkul cartoon lag rahe hai (by the way you are looking like a cartoon right now) and started giggling.

Arnav and khushi both recalled that khushi had said the same thing to him on payal's haldi day.

Khushi laughed out loud while arnav rolled his eyes at her. She ran away from the room.

Till Death Do Us Partजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें