Chapter 20| AYA

Like every day, my body clock woke up at exactly 7 AM. A different morning view confused me at first as I opened my eyes. But as I felt Cid's warm and sculpted arms, it replaced the confusion with last night's perfect moment. I squeezed my body more towards his bare chest. He opened his eyes and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning, My Aya! Awake already? Let us sleep more!"

"I have to go. It's already 7 AM. My shift starts at 9."

"I can call Rick to work the schedule with HR so we can both take a day off today."

"No!" I cupped his face. "It's not okay to have someone's day off canceled and, on short notice, Mr. Waldon."

"How come when you say Mr. Waldon, it feels like you are to do naughty things to me?"

I felt Cid's nose on mine. My body ached for him, but I reminded myself I had a job to go to. "I just don't want you giving me favors for other employees' misery, you know."

"Okay, you won!" His hands started tracing my body. "We can shower together; then, we'll stop by your apartment before we drive to W. How is that?"

"Shower together, huh?" I caught his hand and crackled. "That's a brilliant suggestion! You are hilarious!"

***

AFTER TWO MONTHS (CID'S 3RD MONTH IN WORCESTER, MASS.)

I can't ask for more. The past three months of my life with Cid were the happiest. Yet, there are days I tell Jane to pinch me to make sure that everything happening in my life right now is real and not just a dream. Mama Jane always reminds me I deserve all the happiness in the world. 

Cid may not be the perfect boyfriend but every day he amazes me, even the people in W. He doesn't look like it but he tries his very best to make me always feel special. Though he doesn't want to be called Mr. Romantic, his gestures show otherwise. 

On our first month anniversary, he filled the garden with flowers, all in pink colors. And everyone in W enjoyed a day of free buffet meals in the cafeteria. For our 2nd month anniversary, he brought me to the Cape for the weekend. We experienced different water activities together. And whenever we are together, we don't feel like separating anymore.

Tomorrow is our 3rd month anniversary. Cid asked me to pack for a five-day trip. I have been asking him where he is bringing me this time, but he just said it is a surprise. After my Friday shift, we drove to Boston Logan Airport. Though I haven't traveled by plane for over five years now, I know we didn't pass through the usual screening and boarding area at the airport. Instead, Cid guided me into a plane that is in a private hangar separated from the commercial terminal. As we entered the plane, I saw a Waldon emblem on each of the leather-covered seats. 

"You own a plane?" I asked Cid in amazement.

"Yup!" and he planted a kiss on my lips. 

I blushed because of both excitement and embarrassment that he didn't mind kissing me in front of the plane crew. Cid told me to sleep even just for a few hours since he said the flight will be for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. But he still declined to tell me when I asked where we were going. Instead, he told me to be patient and enjoy the surprise that awaits me at our destination. I tried sleeping, but Cid made it impossible, for he never let go of my hand the entire flight. He placed small kisses on my hands, cheeks, and neck, between his sweet whispers of love in my ears. He knows how his gestures affect me so much. Whenever I pretended it didn't affect me, he would place intense and passionate kisses on my lips and collarbone. Whenever I tried to remind him to stop in a whisper, he would giggle and smirk. Thank God for private planes!

After our 3 and 1/2 hour flight, the pilot announced we were about to land in Bentonville, Arkansas. It surprised me to realize that Cid had brought me to Arkansas. I looked at him with a face, asking why we were where the pilot announced we were landing. 

"Relax. We are just going to meet my dad for dinner tomorrow night."

"Do you want me to freak out right now, Cid Waldon?"

"Hahaha! Don't worry, my dad is as cool as me!"

"You should have at least given me an idea. I won't have gone if you have told me, Cid."

"I expected that. That's why I didn't tell you, My Aya!"

I gave him a frown as I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up from my seat. Before I can walk away, he pulled me towards him, making me sit on his lap. I felt shocked and embarrassed at the same time. I hid my face in his neck. And the sensation that was given by his masculine and doubtless expensive cologne somehow made me unconsciously whisper a moan in his ear. He hugged me tighter and whispered his soft I love you to my ear.

"Cid, some of the crew are looking at us."

"Don't mind them. I can't wait to bring you home."

The steward, who informed Cid that we were okay to get off the plane, interrupted our whispers. Before he let me stand up, Cid placed another kiss on my forehead. Then he clasped my hand and guided me towards the exit. As we got out of the plane, a black suburban was already waiting for us outside. I looked around, and I was wondering why it didn't look like we were at the airport. But the surrounding was a vast land where two or more planes can still land. 

"Good evening Don! Thank you for picking us up."

"Good evening Cid and Aya! Always a pleasure." 

As we sat in the back seat, Cid introduced me to Don, the driver. The way Cid conversed with Don amazed me. They talked like they were family. There is no tone of social difference between each other. I watched the scenery along the way and realized as we approached a mansion that the vast land where the plane landed was in the same compound as the estate. That explains why it didn't look like we landed at the airport. I was in awe when we passed the mansion and saw we were approaching a castle-like structure. Though it's nighttime, I can say that the two gigantic designs look like those in elite magazines there came to life. The car stopped in front of a giant water fountain made of white marble. The mansion looks like a French chateau. Cid helped me get out of the car and gave me a warm and tight embrace as soon as we entered the house.

"Welcome to Bentonville! Welcome to our home, My Aya!"

***