(Redone) Chapter 2

The white screen stays on for a few seconds, before going completely black.

Walking up to see what happened to it, an animal-like face suddenly appears, and you freeze up as you see it look straight at you.

"Hello." She says with a quiet, feminine voice.

You hesitate a little bit before speaking. "Hey..."

Stepping back from her, she begins looking around your living room.

"Where am I?" She asks with a polite tone.

"Um, my house." You hope this thing isn't sending your location to whoever may want it.

She walks up to you and points at your face curiously. "Who are you?"

"I'm Y/N..." You mutter, backing away. "Wha- Who are you?"

She thinks for a second before talking. "I am... A Protogen, created by Wondertech incorporated." She said it with no emotion, like reading from a script.

That paper said she could do many things...

"Well, okay. Make something I can eat, please." You grab a chair and sit down.

You watch her as she begins to make what looks like a sandwich. Bread, cheese, meat, tomato, lettuce... The food is right in front of you before you know it. She looks at you with anticipation before you take your first bite.

"Wow! This is really good!" You're amazed at how good this basic sandwich tastes.

"It is?" She questions her own cooking skills.

"Oh yeah." You say with a mouth full of sandwich. "Best stuff I've had in a while."

"Thank you..." You could see little pink marks on the sides of her visor.

Is she blushing? Can robots even do that?

Your thoughts start to race. This thing has fur! It can't be a robot! It's some kind of mutant cyborg! Your mind drifts off from reality as you panic to yourself about the identity of this strange being.

The protogen waves her hand in front of your face. "Hello? Y/N?" She says with a worried look.

You come back to your senses and look at her. "Oh, sorry." You apologize.

"Sorry for what?" She tilts her head in confusion.

"...For not paying attention." You explain.

"It's okay." She reassures you. "What should I do now?"

"Nothing." You tell her. "I'll get everything cleaned up."

"Really?" She seemed confused by that statement.

"Yeah. You can go sit on the couch if you'd like." You say as you start washing the dishes.

"Okay..." She walks over to the couch and sits down. You finish cleaning and go to the living room to dispose of the empty cardboard box the protogen came from.

You notice she hasn't looked at anything besides you while sitting on the couch, with her paws folded on her lap nicely. Weird. She must not be used to relaxing without having to do something.

You finish cleaning up and sit beside her on the couch.

"What should I do now?" She asks you again.

"You don't need to do anything." You chuckle, petting her on the head. She looked surprised, like she hasn't felt that before.

"That... Was nice." She muttered, making the situation feel a bit awkward.

"Yeah.." You yawn, not helping anything at all.

You could keep talking to her, but you're really tired. All that school really got to you. You get up and start heading up stairs into your bedroom.

"Y/N! Where are you going?" She stands up and asks.

"To bed. I'm tired." You groan, shutting the door behind you.

That Protogen thing is weird, but I just want to sleep. Hopefully she doesn't break anything.

You climb into bed and try to forget about her, but she just keeps sticking in your mind. How did she feel my hand? How did she blush? How did she do anything?!?

Before you could get back up to check on her again, you hear the fumbling of the doorknob, and your door swinging right open.

"Y/N?" You hear her muffled voice under the covers.

You sit up on your bed and give her a tired look. "What is it?"

"I don't know what to do now..." She says, showing a shy face.

"I guess I could just switch you off." You stand up and walk to her, but before you could reach for her neck, she steps back cautiously.

"Don't turn me off, please!" She pleads.

"Huh? Why not?" You ask, puzzled.

"I.. Want to stay here." She confesses.

"Sure, I guess." You reply, a little weirded out. "If you want I can give you a blanket to sleep on the cou-"

In the middle of your offer, the Protogen walks to your bed and sits on it.

"Oh. The bed. Alright." Looks like you'll have to sleep downstairs.

As you walk out of your room, defeated, she signals you to sit beside her on your bed.

You sit next to her, but you're confused as to what she wants now.

"What? Do you want me to tuck you in?" You laugh at your own terrible joke.

"Yes..." She says slowly.

Your sarcastic face quickly changes to a surprised one. "Oh. Okay."

As much as you love your bed, the last thing you want to do is hurt her feelings. You let her lay down and you make the bed as best as you can. After a moment, she's completely covered, with her head and paws poking out at the top. It's adorable to look at.

"Thank you, Y/N.." She says, getting comfortable under your blankets.

"You're welcome." You whisper to her, petting her head. The little pink blush marks appear on her visor again.

Walking outside of your room, you look back at the Protogen.

Snug under your covers, sound asleep. If a robot even can sleep.

You close the door behind you quietly and walk back down stairs, stretching your arms out.

You make a makeshift blanket out of some pillows and try to sleep as best as you can.