six

Saint

I didn't think I was a completely horrible person.

I just made some rather interesting mistakes. And the biggest mistake I've made was now standing under me with labored breaths.

Luci's eyes were red. Not in a -I just cried for two hours kind of red- but the kind of red that glowed like a traffic light.

She stood still in my grasp and studied my face for a second.

"We should get to class," she said.

She attempted to push out my hold but I held her tighter against the wall.

"You didn't respond to what I said," I began, "will you come with me to Azure?"

She let out a low melodious giggle. Placing her hand on my shirt, she gripped it by its collar and pulled me down to her face.

"Why would I ever go anywhere with you?"

I could feel the heat from her fingertips through my shirt. Her eyes were still red but not as vibrant as earlier.

I pulled her wrist off my shirt and took a deep breath. If this was going to work out, I suppose I should be nicer to her.

"Because, if you come with me then I'll owe you a favor of some kind."

The color of her eyes changed almost immediately. She crossed her arms over her chest and I could see the gears in her head turn.

She didn't say anything, she just stared at me in deep thought.

"What kind of favor?"

Her voice had turned an octave higher and became sultry. Her eyes seemed to challenge mine, as if daring me to make a great offer to her.

I didn't know what she was playing at but I knew I had to hold my ground.

"Depends on what you want."

Luci huffed under her breath and leaned her body up against the wall. I loosened her from my grasp and ran a hand through my hair.

"I want a new camera." She announced.

She crossed her arms and clicked her foot impatiently up and down, awaiting my response.

"Fine," I said, "I'll get you a new cam-"

She lifted her hand in the air cutting me off mid sentence, "a new, expensive camera."

I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat. "Fine a new, expensive camera. Now that we have an agreement-"

"I'm not finished," she said, "I want more favors."

I clenched my jaw and tried to calm down. I didn't like her tone of voice, nor the way she was cutting me off, but unfortunately I needed her help.

"Fine." I said through clenched teeth, "what else do you want?"

"New clothes."

"Why would I get you new clothes?"

She scoffed and unzipped her jacket. She held the flaps of the jacket out, showcasing her torn short underneath. It was cut right down the middle and her bra was very visible.

I stared for a moment longer looking at the outline of her chest. I could see a part of the red flowers tatted underneath her breast, and I studied more on the intricate detail of it. She noticed my staring and immediately zipped the jacket back up.

"It's just one shirt. I don't see why I need to buy you clothes." I retorted.

"It's not just one shirt," she seethed, "the past three years, you and your friends have ruined many of my clothes by pulling ridiculous pranks and tormenting me. I've had to replace my wardrobe many times."