Soulmate/Music

I have been listening to this song forever now, and someone had to do it. Also no this song isn't in the story, it's a different one. I have to thank my sibling for this, they gave me the idea. Love ya, sib.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this world, you have a soulmate. In this world, you have been given a song at birth. It plays in the back of your head like a broken record. The thing is you don't know it. You don't know the entire song. You learn one part and you can't help but memorize it. But it stops and plays again from the beginning. Your soulmate is the only one who know the rest of the song. When Fates say it's the right time, everything will go silent and you hear your part of the song like usual. No big deal, right? Wrong. This time, instead of stopping the song continues and you hear your soulmates voice singing the rest of the song. It could be a voice you recognize, or it couldn't.

Now continuing our story...

Lance and Keith are college dorm mates. Lance was coming back from lunch into their dorm. He stopped in front of room 32. He unlocked the door and opened it. Lance felt his face heat up. Keith was sitting on the desk, one hand holding his pencil and the other ran throw his hair. He looked clearly frustrated. "Hey Keith, watcha doing?" Lance asked setting his backpack on his side of the room. Keith looked up and sighed deeply. Damn. "An assignment Mrs. Haggar gave us." Lance shook his head and collapsed on the bed dramatically. "I swear that math teacher is a witch. It literally is so obvious, I mean have you seen her name?Not only that she's married to the principle Zarkon. What kind of name is that?" Keith chuckled and Lance had to hide his flustered face. "What's your next class?" Keith asked trying to keep the conversation going. "Music/Choir class." Lance said sitting up. "O-Oh."

For some reason, whenever the word music was mentioned, Keith would get sad. Lance would say it's his emo side, but he was concerned too. Did something happen to his soulmate or something? Lance was always a curious person, so he pressed the issue a bit further."I want to meet my soulmate soon." Great going Lance. "Maybe when we sing in class, I'll find them." Keith froze. "Y-Yeah, lucky girl." Lance shrugged,"Or lucky guy." Keith's head whipped around and looked straight into Lance's blue eyes.

"What? Aren't you straight?" Lance rolled his eyes,"There is such thing as bi, Keith." Keith," But you're like always with girls and you denied liking boys." Lance shook his head. "I've flirted with guys before, and that was before I had a crush on a guy." Still do. Keith's cheeks were red for some reason.

"You've flirted with guys before?"

Yeah, I've literally flirted with you and only you. "Yeah Shiro, and that was before I found out he had his boyfriend, Adam." Keith leaned in his chair,"How do you know if your soulmate is a guy or not. My song has like male pronouns and I've never been attracted to girls so I'm gay." Lance knew that. His soulmate song was the same. He kinda always knew he soulmate was a guy, since his song had male pronouns. But he had crushes on girls and were attracted to them. Guess he just figured it out. "Anyways, I should go. Class starts in like 10 minutes." Lance said grabbing his blue backpack. Keith smiled at him...somewhat sad.

Lance ran to class and entered the room. There we was greeted by Mr.Shirogane. Also known as Shiro. "Lance, glad to see you could make it. 5 minutes late." Lance laughed nervously and took a seat. The chairs were seated in a circle and a few musical instruments were set around the place. "Everyone, today we are going to share our soulmate songs. It's very rare to find your soulmate during this class, taken every year. But some people do. We'll go around and you'll sing your song. You can use your instruments if you want."

Hunk, Lance's best friend did his piece first. He already had his soulmate, Shay, so they sang it together. It was some classical music piece from some opera. Lance didn't know. Next was Allura. She was a pretty girl and Lance used to have a small crush on her. Her piece, she sang with her girlfriend, Romelle(Romura people). It was a song called 'We fell in love in October" by Girl in Red. Some people who didn't find their soulmate sang. Nothing really happened it was just un-finished.