Chapter 17: Perspective

Lukes pov:

I wake up the day after the Formal Event. 

Yesterday was indeed an Event.

The Event started out normal, as expected, but it was awkward with Jose, I mean, we kinda kissed..... But It was an accident! Truly!

But somehow it also felt kinda nice....

I shook that feeling off because that's just Bullshit.

We stood there in a awkward manner until she broke it and confronted me with her weird personality of just saying things  out when it's awkward.

It worked, it really did.

And we even had a dance that was relaxing and not a competition, Not that she's ever won me before.

I was having fun until Edgar announced that Jose was hers, which basically meant he was telling everyone he liked her.

I should be happy for them but weirdly I felt my stomach sink. Did I train too hard to the point that my muscles hurt? Yeah that should be it.

I calmed myself with that thought, but when he kissed her, I felt angry somehow. I didn't know why I felt like that. It was bad I felt like this.

I tried to shake it off, but it didn't work, I still felt angry.

But then, Assassins barged into the hall and surrounded us. Are they idiots? Attacking nobles who are extremely powerful?

I tried to go over to Jose and help her but suddenly someone grabbed my arm.

It was Selina. This girl is the very definition of naive and innocent. In some ways there are parts of her that remind me of Josephine. I don't know why.

It's rare to meet people like her. Someone who's positive and always happy.

She's grabbing onto my arm and shivering abit. I forgot. She can't defend herself.

She sucks at using weapons and she can only use light magic. I guess I'll have to guard her until this is over.

Jose's powerful so she'll be alright.

And she was.

She was separated from the rest of us by a purple smoke. 

Again. I tried to help her but I had to protect this light user girl.

I had to guard her with one arm and slash with the other. When ever I would kill an assassin, the girl in my arm would Yelp. 

I had no choice but to bury her head into my shoulder so she wouldn't see. It worked.
Thankfully.

After fighting off all those assassins while not being able to use any magic apart from using it to make weapons because well damage a lot of things near us, we finally eliminated all the assassins. And that's when the purple fog separating Jose to us finally cleared up.

Once it did, the person revealed was not the Jose we see everyday.

Her white dress was nearly fully stained with blood and her face had a few splashes. Blood was dripping from her ice blade and about 20 dead, lifeless bodies circled around her.

That isn't the most terrifying part.

Her face was cold, her eyes were glowing from killing intents. She almost looked angry but bored at the same time.

I know she can defend herself and that she's good. I know she's been disposing the assassins on her own from what Alex said.

But seeing her kill so many without being phased. Is honestly terrifying but also gives me, personally, a rain check on how nice she is but at the same time how merciless she can be.