Epilogue

Happiness. That was all that Percy felt, for one of the first times in forever. No worries, no cares, just happiness.

Because he was in love with the most amazing girl in the world, and she made his life worth living.

Neither of them were perfect. Hermione carried scars after the war, both mentally and physically, and there were times when it all seemed to much, but Percy had ones of his own, and they suffered through together, acting as each other's lifelines. They told each other everything.

Almost everything.

It was about a month after the war when Percy finally couldn't hold it back any longer. He didn't want to burden her with all the chaos of his complicated life, but she was naturally curious, being the brightest witch of her age, and it didn't seem right to know her inside out and for her not to have the same in return.

The conversation had been building for a while, but whenever he began he always made an excuse not to continue. He was afraid of her reaction. He wasn't even quite sure why; she was a witch, she'd seen all sorts of peculiar and completely unexplainable events in her life, surely she would react calmly and happily to learning of the existence of immortal Gods that lived on the top of a mountain that hovered over the Empire State building, and spent there time having kids, throwing strops, and messing with peoples destinies. 

It was that very statement that discouraged him every time.

Eventually he couldn't put it off any longer. The topic of his disappearance and miraculous recovery had come up of its own accord earlier that day; this was obviously the time. He took a deep breath, willing himself not to pull out last second like he always did.

"Hermione?"

Her head jolted up from her reading, smiling softly at him. She sat cosily in an armchair in the corner of their temporary apartment, a pile of books built up beside her, as always. Her eyes narrowed slight at his stressed expression, concern filling her.

"Is everything alright Percy?" she replied nervously, placing down her novel and sitting up in her chair. He nodded frantically, feeling his throat constricting uncertainly. She didn't seem convinced, beginning to stand up.

"I'm fine Hermione, honestly," he assured her, her face relaxing at his words.

"Are you sure nothing happened?" she asked carefully, not willing to drop it so soon. 

"Depends on when you're referring to," he replied bitterly, voice coming out harsher than he had intended. He sucked in his breath, frowning apologetically. "I'm sorry 'mione. That was rude. It's just.... we need to talk. It's not fair that I'm keeping so much from you." He drew a chair out from under the table, turning it so he sat facing her, running his hands through his hair with stress as he began to regret his decision.

"I know I've been very closed off. Its just.... I've a complicated life Hermione. Telling you it all will change your perspective of life, of how everything in the universe works." She raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "I'm not even over-exaggerating. I..... I'm not normal Hermione, not at all, and I'm afraid when you see the extent of that you won't..... you won't....." He was broken out of his desperate rambling by a fit of giggles that came from beside him. He looked at Hermione, filled with confusion.

"I don't think you not being normal was ever in question," she laughed, just the sight of her smile making his heart feel a hundred times lighter. "I love you Percy Jackson, no matter how thick-skulled and oblivious you might be to that blindingly obvious fact. I adore everything about you, even the things I don't know." Her expression turned solemn as their eyes connected, honesty pouring from her gaze. "Nothing you could ever reveal would make me love you less." He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts as to what was the best thing to say. Where would he even start?