CHAPTER FIVE: THE FLAYED

The kids all sat in Mike's basement, the next morning, all exhausted, and all in the same clothing from last night as they surrounded El. She was wearing a blindfold, and her mouth was parted open. "I found him."

"Where is he?" Max asked asked, sitting right next to River who was leaning on the coffee table, watching closely.

"Woods."

"Woods?"

"He's with...Will's mom." El informed the group again, causing Will to glance around nervously.

"M-my mom?" He stammered, furrowing his eyebrows, just like everyone else did.

"What are they doing?" Max softly asked, glancing around as well as she fiddled with her own fingers.

"Ill - Annoy." El stuttered, "They're going to Ill - Annoy."

"Mike!" The kids had heard Karen scream from upstairs, startling them all, "Breakfast!"

"Not now, Mom!" Mike yelled out loudly, causing River to groan and rub her head before looking up again.

"Illinois. Like, the state?" Mike questioned, as El stared blankly at him, with a helpless shrug.

"I-Ill - Annoy."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

"It was the same thing, the exact same thing that happened to Will last year." Nancy explained, before leaning down, to pick up papers. "And look at this, look at the body temperatures."

River had leaned forward, just like the others as Will pointed to it.

"He likes it cold." He stammered with a simple nod.

"Okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer." Mike started, his eyebrows furrowed in slight confusion and disbelief.

"Mrs. Driscoll." Nancy corrected, adding in quickly.

"Right, yeah. Mrs. Driscoll. What time was this attack?" He finished off with a question, glancing around at everyone.

"Last night." Nancy simply answered.

"What time?" River asked, slightly urging for her to go on, as everyone looked towards her.

"Around 9:00."

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathan stepped in, glancing at Nancy in confusion.

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests." Nancy muttered in response, as Will leaned forward with a sigh.

"You weren't there?" He asked his older brother who stammered, throwing his hands up.

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?"

With a scoff, and a roll of her eyes, Nancy sarcastically smiled, "Hallelujah!" She spoke out, causing Lucas and River to cringe in unison.

"Uhm, so, wha- what time was your..sauna test?" Nancy continued, shaking off the attitude before looking to River, who glanced at everyone.

"Around 9:00." They all spoke in unison, with firm and confident nods.

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory." Nancy sighed, causing River to nod.