𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗

GOOD-GUY

Darla ran to the bridge, where she knew the most bots were as well as Steve. Her eyes landed on the man, who just threw his shield and killed three of the bots. He smiled once he saw that the girl was safe and looked pretty much, untouched.

As she walked over to the man, she grabbed his shield and with a cocky grin she said,

"How's it look?"

"Suits you." Steve responded, pulling the girl into his chest for a split second. "I'm glad you're okay."

"It's not over yet, Cap." Darla tapped his chest and pulled away from the man as multiple other bots headed their way. "Hey, Thor, I might need some of that lightening boost."

Thor nodded with a smirk, holding out his hammer for Darla to place her hands on the hammer. She closed her eyes for a minute as she allowed the power to flow throw her body.

Steve looked up to the sky as thunder and lightening struck the town. His eyes flickered to Darla, who's legs were beginning to buckle.

"Darla." He quickly grabbed her and pulled her away from the hammer. "You okay?"

Darla stood up straight, a smirk playing on her face as she used the strength that she had just taken from the hammer to kill all the bots in front of them before responding to Steve,

"Never better." She turned to look at Steve who's mouth was open in shock, she chuckled and used her hand to close his mouth. "You trying to catch flies?"

"Darla. Thor." Ultron seethed. "You're bothering me." He swept Darla and Thor off their feet and slammed them down into the church.

"You know. I actually go by Crash now." Darla groaned as she slowly stood back up, only to have multiple bricks thrown towards her. She braced herself for an impact that never came.

"I got you," Pietro smiled as he rushed her back to Steve. "Crash."

Darla smiled at the boy, before he rushed off once again. She had grown a soft spot for the twins within the short time she had known them.

Her eyes flickered over the bots once again, they just kept coming and it was starting to piss the blonde off.

She looked over to Mateo and linked her hand with his, making a dark blue aura to surround the pair. Steve stood back and watched as all the bots sparked and shut down around them.

Darla fell to the floor, feeling exhausted after the event. Her eyes flickered up to Mateo, who seemed to be fine.

"Takes some practice." He nervously chuckled as Steve ran over to the girl. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her up into his chest. The blonde haired man sent a skeptical look towards Mateo as the girl clutched at Steve's bicep. She looked exhausted and weak.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute." Steve announced as he pulled Darla closer to him. "What do you got Stark?"

"Huh, nothing great." Tony responded honestly. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve paused looking down to Darla. He connected his lips to her temple for a brief second.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice." Tony admitted.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere." Natasha said from beside the man. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock-"

"Not till everyone's safe." Darla coughed.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Natasha responded.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve said sternly.

"I didn't say we should leave. But Darla needs to get out of here." Natasha shook her head. Her eyes flickered to her best friend, she didn't look well at all. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff." Fury's voice came through the comms, making Darla smile. "It's about to get better." Not even seconds later a jet was in front of them. "Nice right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty but she'll do."

"Fury you son of a bitch." Steve chuckled, making Darla look up at him with a playful shocked expression.

"Ooh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury questioned sarcastically.

"Nope, just me." Darla whispered to herself with a happy smile.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro questioned as smaller jets deployed towards the town.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be." Steve responded.

"This is not so bad." Pietro smiled, Darla clutched her head as the voices got louder. Tears brimmed her eyes at what they were saying.

'Pietro will die. Pietro will die.'

She pulled away from Steve and went to hug Pietro tightly. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder and placed her hand on the back of his head. Pietro smiled and wrapped his arms around the girl, not understand why she was hugging him, but accepting it anyway.

"Your a good guy, you know that right?" Darla whispered to the boy.

"I'm trying to be." Pietro whispered back as she pulled away with a sad smile.

"Let's load them up." Steve said, his eyes flickering between the two. Darla gave him a small nod, making him run into the building to get the civilians.

"Your a good guy, Pietro, I promise." Darla smiled, placing her hand on his shoulder. "You should be proud of the man you've become. I know that I am."

Pietro smiled, he hadn't ever had anyone tell him that he should be proud of the person he is. It made him feel wanted.

"Thank you." He truly meant the thanks he gave the girl, nobody had ever made him feel like a good guy, until now.