-ˋ 21

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ARGUE

. . .

"If you don't look where you're going then you're going to either poke someone's eyes out or cause a mass collision in the Charms corridor." James peered down at Tiger, gasping as she narrowly missed a fourth year boy. "Now as your boyfriend-"

"As my boyfriend you will steer me around any incoming obstacles. I'm high maintenance, Potter, you should've figured this out a long time ago." Tiger replied, James sighing and placing his hands on her shoulders.

The night before, Tiger had entered the common room knitting. She hadn't really been around all night, because she was in that abandoned classroom that had all her stuff in. She announced that she was getting back into her knitting and designing, and as she sat down she promptly knocked over three piles of Remus's books, a lamp and a first year. 

Because with Tiger's sudden inspiration to return to knitting, whilst coming back to the common room she had dropped her ball of wool. And with her interest, she hadn't noticed and a dark purple trail was following her over the castle. 

James and Sirius had promptly gotten up to go and gather it, and had returned to Tiger having fallen asleep, knitting flying in the air next to her, still going. 

"You're not high maintenance Howell, just demanding. Honestly if you were high maintenance I don't think you would settle for me." James said, as they reached a less busy part of the corridor and let go of her shoulders.

The statement seemed to pull Tiger away from her knitting and she looked up at James. "I would've said it back there if I knew that was what it would take." The Potter boy replied, reaching forward and using a finger to close Tiger's mouth, her jaw having dropped once she realised what James had said. 

"Potter you bastard - how can say that?" She exclaimed, and James blinked at her, wondering what on earth she was talking about. "Settle for you? Why on earth would you think I settled for you!" Her voice seemed a little more high pitched than usual, and James continued to stare at her. "I can't believe this." Tiger sighed.

"Care to explain, my darling Twigsie?" James asked, looking down at her expectantly. Tiger had quite the frown on her face, and even when he poked her cheek it didn't shift. 

"If anything, James, you settled for me." Tiger replied bluntly, and it was James's turn to look confused. "Think about it - within the first few months of knowing me, I got blackout drunk several times, infiltrated your Christmas with your parents, and then told you I'd killed someone. Then you had to go through everything with Olivia and quite frankly, I'd think you were crazy for dating me." 

"Yeah? Well I think you're crazy for dating someone who practically obsessed with you." James said, eyes widening as he realised what he had said, before deciding just to go with it. "I met you once and couldn't stop thinking about you until I saw you again - Merlin I sound like Snivellus - ask Sirius! He can tell you all about it." 

"And who's to say I wasn't the same with you?" Tiger had completely been pulled away from her knitting, and once again it was hanging just by her shoulder, the needles moving like she was still moving them. "I told you everything before I even thought of telling Remus, and then you dealt with the psycho that is Olivia and now my supposedly alive ex who I told you I killed." 

"This is getting confusing." James commented, before clearing his throat. "I would do anything for you, Tigs, you know that."

"Which is why I'm saying all this. How could I 'settle' for you when you would do anything for me. Merlin I'd stayed in your dorm for a month and I've quite literally got a room in your house, James. I'm a mess, and you could've had someone who was far more put together than me!"

"Are we really having our first arguement over the fact that neither of us think we deserve the other and that we both got far too good deals - thinking the other settled for them?" James looked incredulous, and Tiger looked stubborn.

"My dead ex, Potter!" She repeated as if that was the deciding argument, turning on her heel and walking away, her knitting following behind her. The Potter boy stared after her, looking somewhat hopeless.

"Ah, women. Confusing creatures." Sirius appeared besides his best friend as Tiger stalked away, swinging his arm around James's shoulders.

"Padfoot, you're gay."

a/n
adding a lil dramatic
spice before we get to
the main events although
i now only have 70 chapters
to sort it out ffs