Ep 7 - Tick Tock

Cole, Kai, and Jay watches a watch in Kai's hand as seconds go by. The watch ticks to the next minute, indicating a broken record.

Kai's jaw drops, "Ten minutes! He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman!" Zane is shown on the ocean floor. He pets a fish before resurfacing. The Ninja cheer for him.

(M/n) leaves his room and goes up to the upper deck. He hears cheering, indicating that Zane broke his record. About to walk up to the others, he sees an opportunity to scare Jay. He sneaks up behind him as Jay bowed down. He places his hands on Jay's shoulders and yells, "Boo!"

"We're not worthy-Ah!" Jay yelps before quietly growling at him. 

(M/n) snickers at Jay's reaction and puts an arm around him, "Hello~. So, what's the record this time?" He grins.

Zane smiles at the others reaction, "I broke the record?"

Kai shows Zane the watch with a smile, "You destroyed it!"

Jay smiles and puts a hand on Kai's shoulder, "Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished."

A flashback ensues showing Kai running across several hot coals, then transitions to Jay spinning on a metal rod on one hand during a Lightning storm. (M/n) stands in the center of the training deck. He puts on a blindfold and arrows are launch all around him. The arrows are launch faster by the second. He dodges them, swift like the wind. Finally it shows Cole attempting to lift a barbell only to add on more weights before lifting it. It's also shown to have Nya on one end and Jay on the other each with a dumbbell and the latter with holding a chicken platter before returning to the present.

Zane looks to the others, "The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential?" They head inside the Destiny's Bounty to find Wu. "Well, every morning I do five hundred push-ups."

Kai scoffs, "Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand."

Jay puffs out his chest, "Hahaha, I do a thousand and one."

(M/n) points a thumb at his chest, "And I do...twenty..." He cried comically.

Cole scoffs, "What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm-up. Sensei, what does True Potential look like if—" They see Master Wu with a katana. Realising they interrupted his silence, they all bow in respect.

"Our apologies, Sensei. We've interrupted you.", Zane says. 

Wu sighs and puts away the katana, "I'm sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing. What can I help you with?"

"Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our True Potential? What if we're ready?", Cole asks.

Wu gives an amused look to the Ninja, "Hm. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your True Potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer."

Zane takes a step forward and puts his hand on Wu's shoulder, "There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei?"

Wu nods and sighs, "I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you."

"Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends." 

Jay interrupts him, "Wait a minute. Now, I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos, and you two were friends?"