Ep 8 - Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Nya takes the cover off of a Serpentine skeleton, "Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old." 

Nya uses a laser pointer to point at the Fangpyre's fangs, "Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an anti-venom."

While Nya is talking, Zane is shown taking notes while Kai is bored, leaning back on his arms. Cole is drawing a picture of him fighting with (M/n) helping him out with his drawing. (M/n) also creates small funny doodles on the side. They both turn to each other and quietly giggle. 

And here we have Jay, sporting a new hairstyle, staring at Nya with an infatuated expression on his face. Sighing in admiration at the girl as she talks. 

Nya continues her speech, "If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects." Her cheeks start to turn pink. "Resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume."

Jay nervously chuckles and whispers to Kai, "Heh. You told me it was men's cologne."

Kai shrugs, "Meh, I get them mixed up." Everyone but Jay and Nya laughs. Zane turns his humor switch off.

Cole stretches and stands up while taking his books with him, "Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades."

Kai nods, "Sounds like a plan."

(M/n) puts his arms behind his head, "Beats studying all day."

Zane smiles, "I'm excited to join."

Jay waits for them to leave, "Uh, hey uh, Nya, I'm sorry. The reason I was—you know—I went to Kai because—look. What I'm trying to say is—"

Nya interrupts him, "I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes."

Jay quickly shakes his head, stopping Nya from getting the wrong idea, "No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our True Potential."

Nya looks shock and blushes, "Impress me? But I look so..."

"Fantastic.", Jay immediately responds. Nya begins playing with her hair. "Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to..."

She interrupts him again, "You mean like a date?"

"Um, yeah?", He responds nervously.

Nya perks up at this, "Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight."

Once she leaves, Jay jumps up in joy, "Yes!"

He laughs and does a victory dance, accidentally pricking himself on the skeleton, "Ow! Aah! Man." He shrugs off the pain and leaves, unaware of the trickle of venom dripping onto the floor from the skeleton.

---

On the Mountain of Madness, Wu confronts Garmadon. Garmadon reveals reveals his four arms and Wu figures out that his brother only came here to  possess the Weapons of Spinjitzu. Garmadon nods, summoning four weapons to wield and starts attacking his brother.

Wu falls down in a pit of mud and tries to fend against the mud monsters. He tries to explain why he's here but Garmadon wouldn't let him and commands the mud monsters to attack. Wu struggles but he's able to tell Garmadon that he came here to warn him about his son being in danger.