Chapter 4: Just For Fun

The next day was pretty awkward. Louis completely ignored me. I wish he would just believe me in that I just didn't want Harry to get mad. I really did like him, I just couldn't do that to Harry.

I had to once again lie to everyone that I was going shopping with the girls while I was instead, going to one final practice coach had scheduled yesterday. By the time I got home, I felt so tired that I was going to pass out. I ran upstairs, took a short shower, and fell asleep.

Today everyone was just sitting around the house, completely bored. Niall came running in the room, with an excited look on his face.

"Guys! Let's go play Laser Tag! It's half price today when you buy six pounds worth of food!" Of course, it had to do with food. We all looked around at each other and started to realize that it was a pretty good idea. Soon enough, we were on our way to laser tag.

"So, have you ever played Laser Tag, Ashley?" Liam asked. 

"Nope. So I'm ready to fail." I giggled.

"No worries, it's really easy. You can be on a team with me and Liam, since we always win." Niall said.

"Haha that's really funny Niall. But F.Y.I., Zayn, Harry, and I are going to kick some butt today." Louis yelled from the front seat.

We arrived at the Laser Tag place and entered the dark arena. Harry had to help me with my vest, and Liam showed me how to shoot the gun. It sounded pretty simple, so I told him I was good and the game began. Only a few minutes in, Niall and Harry have already been shot and are lying on the floor pretending to be dead. I was super paranoid the entire game, so I shot basically anything that looked like a person.

I found a dark place in the back of the room. It seemed like a pretty good place to hide. I quickly crawled over to the corner and hid. I sat there for about five minutes. Occasionally, I would hear Zayn shouting something, Louis laughing, and guns being shot. All of a sudden, all the noise stopped. Was the game over? Did I actually win?

I poked my head out from behind the corner. Not a single soul was "alive".  The coast seemed clear so I quietly stood up for a better view of the battlefield. Still no one. I figured that the game was over so I headed over to Niall's "dead" body to ask him if I had won.

Before I could make it over to Niall, I saw a dark body in a corner next to me. The body moved, and I realized that I wasn't not alone. 

"Hey man, we're all friends here." I said, gripping tightly to my gun.                                    

I heard the person giggle and knew exactly who it was- Louis. He walked right up to me and grabbed the gun out of my hand, replacing it with his own hand. He leaned in closer, and I felt his hot breath against my body. It was dark, Harry wouldn't know: I thought. I began to lean in when I felt a vibration coming from my vest. I looked down, and then back up at Louis. I could sense the smile on his face. He dropped my hand.                       

"Gotcha." He whispered as the lights came back on the final scores were posted on the TV screens.

I just sat there in shock. I had really thought Louis was going to kiss me, how could I be so gullible? Niall and Liam both came up to me and told me that I had done a great job, but no one could be the sass master. I laughed as Zayn, Harry, and Louis all jumped around in victory. I figured that I did do pretty good, but stupid Louis got in my way.

We headed back out of the arena to go get our food that we promised Niall. In the end, we all had a really good time. It seemed as if Louis had finally forgiven me.