Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems

Third Person

A Year Ago...

'Ring!' 'Ring!' 'Ring!'

The sound of a ringing phone, filled the quiet home with it's tune. The vibrations sounded even louder coming off the nightstand. A groan and shuffling of sheets were heard as a hand reached over to answer the ringing phone.

"I told them it was my day off." Lance mumbled as he picked up the phone off the nightstand, not checking the number before answering.

"I told yo__"

"Hello is this Lance Brown?" The police officer held the phone close to her ear. She felt bad having to deliver this sort of news to someone especially at this hour of the morning.

"Yes it is. Who is this?" Lance sat up shaking Louise on the shoulder. She started to stir in her sleep.

"My name is officer Tye and I'm calling you from the local Colorado police station. We currently have your daughter in custody and would like if you could come down to the station."

Lance's eyes widened at the mention of his daughter of being in custody. She was in bed wasn't she? Lance sprung out of bed and made his way down to her room.

"You sure you have the right person?" Lance asked just as he opened the door and switched on her bedroom light. He was met with the emptiness of her room. "Shit" He mumbled.

"Yes sir, we have the right person. We would rather if you came down to the station so we can explain the situation." Officer Tye could tell that Lance was getting angry, well you would be too if you had to get up at three in the morning finding out your daughter was in custody.

Lance took a deep breath as he paced Kayla's room. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you, see you then." The officer hung up the phone.

Lance walked out of Kayla's room, blindly stumbling into his own looking for his clothes. Louise who woke up to all the commotion flicked on the bedside lamp. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as she watched her husband get dressed.

"Lance what are you doing? It's thre__"

"Louise. Kayla's in police custody and they want me to go up." Lance pulled on a pair of tracksuit bottoms.

Louise eyes widened. "What? Why?" She got out of the bed herself and started to quickly rush around getting dressed.

"They never said why. Also what are you doing?" Lance asked as he pulled his jumper over his head.

"I'm coming with, I'm not letting you go up there all by yourself." Louise pulled on her leggings sending Lance a small smile.

"But who will stay with the kids?" Lance asked as he stopped for a moment looking at Louise.

"Lance they are old enough, plus Gavin is here." Louise sighed as she put on her runners.

"I can't believe she would do this." Lance muttered running a tired hand through his hair.

"Hey we can't go blaming. We don't even know why she is in there and hopefully it's nothing big." Louise placed her hand on Lance's cheek, using her thumb to rub his cheek bone.