Chapter 23

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

Walking into the children's room to show them to their lecturer I find it empty. None of the kids are there, their bed's undone and no sign of them. I take a look outside the room and see on of the servants coming this way with a basket of newly, cleaned clothes.

"Miss, have you seen the siblings?" I ask her from where I stand. The lady shakes her head in response.

"No Lady Astrid, I was picking up the children's clothes, are they not ready yet?"

I look back into the room and huff, "No, they aren't even here-" I turn my face to the servant and slightly bow my head- "Thanks for the help, I have to go find them."

I move along, looking everywhere for the kids. It would be embarrassing to arrive so late to their lecture, I'm a teacher, and it is enough to say I don't like late students.

I find my way to the garden where I assume Syn could be, and pretty much, I assumed well. Syn is sitting on the bench with a sketch book I got her and some charcoal pencils.

"Beautiful morning, isn't it?"

I watch her visibly flinch and slowly turn her body towards me. She gives me an awkward smile as I raise my brow at her.

"You do know you're supposed to be dressed up for your lecture?"

Syn huffs, closing the sketchbook and placing it next to her. "Why is it so important for us to get an education to you?"

"Because education is a privilege. All Asgardian children go to school, they get lectured. As far as I know, you were lectured too, so you will continue your studies here in the castle, with a private lecturer that unlike any other teacher will give you their undoubted attention. This is part of the promise I made your mother." I explain to her and at the mention of her mother her eyes soften.

With a sigh, she stands up and grabs her things, "Alright, if this is what my mother asked of you, I'll do it."

I smile and together we return to her room. I leave her there to dress up and return to hunting down the other two siblings.

I pass by Loki's room and hear some giggles coming from the inside. I frown, knowing that he giggles sound all too familiar. I'm surprised to know that there aren't any guards this morning in front of Loki's room, I'll have to scold them later.

I open the door and as soon as take a look inside the room I'm relieved to find both siblings. Wait what are Agata and June doing here?

I watch as Loki extends his fist towards the children and as soon as he opens it there's a beautiful emerald-green butterfly sitting gracefully in his palm. He then blows it away and the children brake into exiting laughter as the butterfly flutters away, exploding in the air and making sparks fly down over them. My eyes soften at the view, it amazes me just as much as it does to the kids.