thirty five

35| worry

jeongguk entered his bed room, his lips —like usually when he sees taehyung— automatically forming to a soft smile. the younger ravenette was sleeping soundly on the bed.

the mafia leader quickly changed into comfortable clothes and then joined taehyung in bed, wrapping his arm tightly around the smaller male, instantly frowning once he noticed the younger was awake.

"why are you pretending to sleep?" jeongguk's raw voice sent a shiver down taehyung's whole body and he clutched his eyes tightly together, fully aware he will only make it worse if he keeps pretending, because jeongguk already saw through him.

"princess?" taehyung still pretended to sleep, he didn't know why he was doing it, maybe he was feeling still a little insecure with the idea of jeongguk still loving jaehee a lot. so much that he won't stop thinking of her, even if he is with taehyung.

"taehyung." jeongguk tried once more, using the younger's name, but when the smaller still didn't answer, he just turned him around by his shoulders. heart beating wildly against his chest, taehyung still tried to keep his eyes close.

"open your eyes, taehyung." jeongguk studied taehyung's face, his lips agaping at his beauty for the millionth time since he has met him. nonetheless, he noticed the way taehyung's cheeks were red and his eyelids swollen.

"baby, did you cry?" he asked, taehyung finally opened his eyes, them widening in an instant by one look at jeongguk's face. "fuck- did you cry?"

jeongguk chuckled. "maybe i did."

taehyung looked at him fondly, his hand reaching up to rest on jeongguk's cheek softly. thoughts forgotten only jeon jeongguk and taehyung's love for him there. "are you alright?" he asked in a quiet voice and jeongguk shook his head. "i'm not." he admitted in a whisper.

"why were you crying?" the blond asked, but taehyung shrugged. "i don't know, sometimes i just wanna do that to let things out."

jeongguk raised an eyebrow, "why were you pretending to sleep then."

taehyung panicked internally, he could be straightforward and ask him about jaehee, but jeongguk had just cried over her and he doesn't want to see him cry again, so he let's it be, once again shrugging it away and finding an excuse. "it's been a while since i teased you." he smiled. forcefully.

jeongguk kept looking at taehyung suspiciously for a while, but then shrugged it off. it was late, they had cried, are probably tired as hell and should sleep.

but they are never too tired to kiss, so that's what jeongguk does, as he placed his lips on the younger's ones. taehyung kissed back almost immediately, closing his eyes as he just loves the feeling of jeongguk's touches too much. "i love you." jeongguk whispered, against taehyung's lips.

the younger smiled, discarding everything he cried for, by just hearing this three words. jeongguk loves him, so what's the matter?

"i love you more."

and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

but, the night was short lived for taehyung, when jeongguk was having a nightmare.

the older male couldn't calm down, he squirmed, mumbling things like; "i'm sorry— it's my fault— i killed her"