𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈

PIETRO

"Do me a favour?" Darla questioned Pietro. Pietro nodded and waited for her to continue. "Get me to Thor or Mateo." The blonde boy nodded and rushed her to Thor. Despite working with Mateo previously, he trusted Thor a lot more.

"She needs your help." Pietro said looking towards Thor. Thor's eyes scanned the girl, she looked so weak, which was unlike her. He always saw Darla as the small but incredibly strong girl.

"Come on, little one." Thor wrapped his arm around her waist and held his hammer in front of her. "Take all the power you need." He smiled down at her.

Darla placed her hands on the hammer and took some of its power, causing lightening to fill the sky.

She let out a gasp as she reluctantly pulled herself away from the hammer. The power it gave her was addictive. It made her stronger.

"Thanks." She smiled tapping the man's chest. Her eyes flickered around the church, they were all here now. "Are you okay? You disappeared for a while." Darla said once she saw Mateo.

"Got caught up with some bots, I'm alright." He smiled placing his hand on her shoulder.

"What's the drill?" Natasha questioned looking around everyone.

"This is the drill." Tony motioned towards the core. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouted at Ultron.

"Something tells me we're going to regret him saying that." Muttered Darla as she stepped towards Steve. His eyes flickered down to the girl, she looked stronger now.

"You had to ask." Steve let out a breath as he looked at all the bots coming their way.

"This is the best I can do." Ultron bragged. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well, like the old man said, together." Tony motioned towards Steve. The Hulk roared in response as the bots all rushed towards them.

"Here we go." Darla cracked her knuckles and blasted every bot that came her way.

Mateo grabbed the girls hand and wiped out a few of the bots instantly. Darla fell to her knee's but with the help of Wanda, she stood back up.

She slammed her fist into one bots face, before grabbing his head and snapping it off. Darla grabbed Steve's shield and threw it around the church, taking out a few bots before Steve caught it again.

"Thanks." He smiled, as he flipped and slammed the shield down onto two bots, making them break apart.

Darla's eyes flickered up to Vision, who was taking care of Ultron, both Tony and Thor rushed to help him.

The girl smirked, placing her hand on Thor's hammer and using all of her strength to help make Ultron fall to the ground.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight-" Ultron was cut off by The Hulk coming out of the church and hitting him away. He turned to a few bots, which instantly ran off once they saw him.

"They'll try to leave the city." Thor announced.

"We can't let them, not even one." Tony agreed. "Rhodey."

"I'm on it." Rhodey responded.

Darla walked back into the church, her eyes landed on Steve before flickering to Mateo. They were both okay. Darla looked over to Pietro, he seemed to be okay.

Maybe her voices were wrong for the first time ever. But even she knew better than to believe that.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin." Steve announced. "You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you."

Mateo placed his hand on the small of Darla's back before guiding her out of the church.

"Are you okay?" Mateo questioned protectively. Darla nodded with a soft smile. "Let's get you to the carriers."

~

Darla boarded the ship with Mateo, her eyes scanning around for everyone. The ships were filled with people and her friends were still out there.

The blonde's eyes landed on Clint as he picked up a young boy, the very same young boy that she saved earlier. She let out a small smile knowing he was alive. That was until, Ultron fired at the group.

"NO!" Darla screamed once she saw Pietro rush across. She fell down to the floor and she rushed out of the jet and over to the boy.

He had bullets holes all over his body. She picked up his head and placed it in her lap, her fingers combing through her hair.

Steve ran over to the girl, knowing her voices would have told her exactly what was going to happen.

"We can't leave him here." Darla cried as Steve pulled her away from the boy. "Please, Steve."

Steve nodded and picked the boy up, he carried him all the way to the jet and placed him down. His eyes flickered over to Darla who sat holding the younger boys hand.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered softly.

Steve quickly jumped back onto the jet as the city dropped. Darla made her way over to the man, he didn't hesitate in linking her hand with his and pulling her into his chest.

"You did all you could, baby." Whispered Steve as they watched the city be blasted into pieces. "You did the best you could." Steve repeated.

"And it still wasn't good enough." Darla rested her head on his chest, seeking his comfort. She felt safe with the man, like nothing bad could ever truly happen. But she knew better than to believe that.