Chapter 5: Sneaking Out

(Ashley's POV)

I woke up early the next morning feeling great. I took a shower and had a pretty big breakfast so I would be fueled for the game. I heard movement from the living room so I went in there to see who it was.

"Morning." I said.

"Oh hey, Bo." Harry turned around. 

"Did I wake you up? Sorry."

"No, no. I just figured that we should get up early so we can get out of here by nine."

"Oh okay. And I'm hanging out with Claire, Hailey, Kaitlyn, and Tori today so I probably won't be back until later."

"That’s cool. I'm gonna go get the rest of the boys and then we will probably head out." He said walking upstairs.

"Okay. I better get ready to go too." I said following him.                                               

I went into my room and pretended to get ready. Once I heard the garage door shut and saw the car leave. I ran downstairs and waited for Claire's car. As soon as I saw it pull up, I ran outside and got in.

"Thanks for doing this." I said as she gave me my bag.

"No problem. Hailey and Kaitlyn are already there. You just have to enter at the back gate. Do you have your player card?" She said as we drove away. 

"Yeah I've got it." I said.

As we got on the highway, I realized that I still didn't have my uniform on. I grabbed it out of my bag and slid the shirt on over my sports bra and the shorts over my spandex. We finally arrived at the arena and I jumped out of the car. 

"Good luck! I'll be watching with Tori!" She yelled as I ran away.

I made it just in time for warm-ups. I ran a few laps around the field and stretched out. Not that many people were there, but Coach assured me the seats would fill up by game time. Once we finished warming up, we headed into our locker room. I was pumped up and ready to go; ready to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Louis' POV)

The boys and I had just left for the photo shoot. I hadn't seen Ashley all morning, I wonder what she was doing. Lately I just haven't been able to get my mind off of her. She's gorgeous, funny, and just plain amazing; but I couldn't fall for her, Harry wouldn't allow it. We arrived at the studio and one of the people that worked for the photographer said that he was running late so we could relax for a while. There wasn't much to do here, so we all decided to sit down and watch TV. Liam turned on the local news. The reporter was in front of Wembley Stadium.  

"Hello London! I'm Emily Gold here live at Wembley Stadium for the FIFA Under-20 Women's football world cup. We've got two great teams playing today in the final match. Here with me to evaluate the players is my co-host, John Hudson." Cool, football. I wonder if maybe we could be out of here in time to catch the game.

"Hi Emily. We do have two amazing teams today, but only one can win. Representing the country of Brazil, we have the Rio Flyers. Now the flyers are a great team. I believe their strongest part is definitely their defense, it's almost impossible to get a shot passed their goalie, Angelina Sanchez. She has been on fire all season. She's got to be Brazil's best bet at winning the cup." John said. They seemed pretty good. 

"Oh yes, they are good. But I do believe that they will have a little bit of trouble today with their opponent. Representing the United States are the Santa Cruz Power. These girls have had a fantastic season. They have the best offense in the league right now, especially with their center forward: Ashley Styles." Emily said. Liam paused the TV.                                                                                                

"What did she just say?" Harry said. We all heard it; we just didn't believe it.

"Turn it back on." Zayn yelled at Liam.                                                                       

"Styles has been a powerhouse for this team," John said. They started showing videos of her playing in previous games; it was our Ashley.

"Definitely a great competitor. I might even have to compare her to the greatest US players: Mia Hamm, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan. If Power wins this game, Ashley could possibly be up there with them." Emily said.

"I suppose she could. Styles is such a fearless player, she lets no one get in her way. Lets hope she's on her game today, she may be the United States' only hope for a win." John finished up. Liam quickly shut off the TV as Harry got up.       

"We're going to that game, now." He said, leaving the room. We all followed and headed for the car. Harry seemed pretty mad probably because Ashley lied to him, but I honestly thought it was pretty cool. Last night she seemed pretty good, but according to the reporters, she is one of the best players in the world. This is should be interesting.