Chapter 25: Hooked on a Feeling

Thanks for the love!! I am astonished by your enjoyment and support of this story! This is sort of a cute filler chapter because the next part of it was WAYYYYYY too long to post with this one. But stay tuned!

CHAPTER 25:

THIRD PERSON POV

Zelena could feel the presence of someone occupying the space beside her, but she continues to stare at the image of a man she knew in her youth. "I apologized to Sensei LaRusso." The unreadable expression on his old friend's face brightens with the addition of a slight curl of her lips. He didn't know that she'd heard them speaking in the small room adjacent to where she stands. Every single word she'd clung into and the sincerest offers from his lips to stay behind, to pay back the damage costs-half of which he'd successfully shoved into Daniel LaRusso's hands- and to tell the cops. Daniel had denied every suggestion, reading the sincerity radiating off the lost teen finding his way back.

He carefully examines the brunette, uncertain of whether or not to begin the conversation he so badly wanted to have with her. The one he'd chickened out multiple times to have with her since she's awoken. Both their heads turn and her hand reaches into her vibrantly colored duffel bag, searching through the outside pocket for her new phone. "Sorry," Zelena mumbles with red cheeks, her fingers closing around the edges of the device to pull it out upon seeing Aisha's unique set of emoji's across the screen.

"Is that a bathtub and salt shaker?" Hawk inquires, eyebrows furrowed in the common confusion upon seeing the two icons beside each other instead of a name.

She nods, sliding her thumb across the screen as she raises it to her ear. "Hey Ish. Everything okay?"

"Well it was until I had a heart attack because you weren't answering your phone!" Zelena and Hawk both wince at the high volume scolding that causes Zelena to pull the phone back from her ear. She sheepishly smiles at Hawk who can't help but grin though his eyebrows remain in their confused position.

"I got a new phone and new number-"

Aisha interrupts her brunette friend. "Yea. I found that out from Sam. How come?"

"I dropped my phone and it totally demolished it. And Uncle Rob demanded I get a new number so I did. I didn't think twice about it." It was an odd behavior for him, but she'd listened just to ease the obvious stress on his features. After all, she could get numbers from her friends by asking around for them.

Hawk continues to observe Zelena absent mindedly, feeling slightly better about the fact she hasn't just ignored his texts. At least not actively. "She-look, Ish," Zelena swings away from the mohawk wearing boy, her back to him as she begins to pace forward. Her hand runs frustratedly through the locks she'd recently unrestrained from the ponytail she'd thrown her hair in for practice. "It isn't that big of a deal. It's a scratch."

He pictures the wrapping her arm had been in when he got to the room. Surely it hadn't been 'just a scratch' especially if she'd nearly lost her balance while sitting down. Come to think of it, she'd worn a long sleeve all practice long even as the sun drew more and more onto them. There was no way it was just a scratch. Aisha's voice drifts from the phone but he can't make out there exact words spewing from the other end. Zelena hums a few times before sealing the call with "I love you too, Ish."

His eyes flutter at the softness of her tone as she says those words she'd always made sure to end every call with. He'd never questioned it, only knowing it as her 'signature' and that it made him feel at peace whenever he heard it. No matter what their phone calls had consisted of, even when they argued (which was rare), she made it a point to tell him that she loved him. Even the one time Demetri had a shouting match with her, she had said it. And he hadn't heard it from her since she agreed to meet him at the Cobra Kai dojo to talk to Sensei Lawrence. Months ago.