Chapter 46

Author note: I won't post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday anymore, I've decided to put all the chapters at once because it's taking wayyyyy too long to finish the book and I don't want to make people wait for a short chapter 3 times a week. I love Gone Girl but I'm also super excited for POISON.
I know people prefer reading completed books so, from next Monday, all chapters I wrote till now will be posted.

I also decided to incorporate more POVs in the same chapter so don't skip it.

——

Derek's POV

"What's the point of throwing two separate parties?" I ask Dominic and he shrugs.

"I don't know, but I know Veronica went too," he says and my heart skips a beat whenever I hear her name.

"Why? Didn't you invite her to our party?"

"I forgot," he mutters and I remember a week ago Veronica told me that we should stop talking. She meant it.

Which also meant refusing to see me altogether and I am not happy about it, not at all, but I can't force her.

I just hope she changes her mind.

My mind wanders off to a vision of them alone, in his bedroom and they are making out-

I quickly brush away that thought, annoyed at myself. She wouldn't do this.

I still don't know why she wanted whatever we had to be over but she admitted to liking me.

I'll never understand that girl.

Dominic pats me on the back and reminds me why we went to Alexander's house.

He has the tire I need for my car and my car repair shop is closed on Saturdays.

Dominic drives in the driveway and he honks at Alex.

He comes out of the backyard shirtless and with messy hair.

I hope that Veronica is home right now and that she didn't sleep here.

"Here it is." He carries the tire and I thank him without even bothering to look at anything but the tire.

"Let's have a beer," Dominic says and I nod because I really need one.

Why am I so jealous and angry whenever I look at Alex?

I had a serious relationship only once and that was a few years ago, before the drugs.

It lasted a year and it ended the moment my parents died.

Alexander pours a glass of beer and I drink while snacking on some chips.

We walk to his room so Alex can show a game to Dominic on the computer. I never really got the hype about video games.

Dominic sits on the desk chair and I lay down on the unmade bed while Alex is looking through his shelves filled with videogames.

I'd rather drive, play a sport, or workout than play video games.

I used to play soccer back in high school. I was pretty good, they even offered me a scholarship.