Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Johnny stops as the girls in the back ask him to when they see Ali and Daniel.

He looks around to see if Rosana was with them. This past week she had stayed with Daniel and Ali; he may not be happy about it but at least she wasn't hanging out too much with that quarterback.

"We're going to the Hills, you wanna come?" Johnny hears Judy ask Ali as she sits in the back with Tommy next to her and her other friend next to Tommy.

"No, I don't think so. You guys have a good time." Ali says, making the girls protest.

Johnny notices that Ali was holding onto Daniel's arm and felt jealousy creep through him as he grits his teeth. But, this jealousy was completely different from what he felt at seeing them together at the beach. He wasn't jealous that Daniel was with Ali. He was envious because they went out on a date and he couldn't do the same with Rosana.

She hasn't touched him since Monday and she barely talks to him. He wanted to be with her and he lost his chance —for now— because Daniel was a prick to throw water on him. And now, even though they kicked his ass, Johnny was the one without his girl while Daniel was having the time of his life with Ali.

It wasn't fair.

"Oh, come on!" Her friends protested while Tommy says with a grin, "Oh, come on, we'll make room." Dutch sat shotgun and groaned at the thought of Ali joining them; he wasn't a big fan of her.

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" Ali says to Judy.

"LaRusso," Johnny says to get Daniel's attention and he could see on his face that he was waiting for one of them to say something bad. But that's not happening. He can't risk pushing Rosana further away.

"How's Anna?"

Daniel was taken aback. He did not expect Johnny to ask something like that.

"Uhm, she's okay, uh-" Daniel really wanted to say something to piss him off like maybe saying something about Oliver but the hopeful non-malicious look on his face had him backtracking.

"Rose hides her feelings well but she really miss you guys. Especially you, man."

Johnny felt his heart ache at that. He really missed her too.

He looks at Daniel gratefully, and gives him a nod as if saying thank you.

Johnny's attention was taken away from Ali and Daniel to the army green coloured car that he knew to be Mrs. LaRusso's, stop beside his. He scans the inside of the car for Rosana only to see that she wasn't there had disappointment filling him.

"Hi, kids!" Mrs. LaRusso greets cheerfully.

Tommy, Dutch and Johnny greet her, their words were out of synch:

"Hey, Mrs. LaRusso!" Tommy shouts with a grin.

"Yo, Mrs. LaRusso! Looking beautiful as always." Dutch says with a wink, making Lucille chuckle at the boy.

"How ya doing, Mrs. LaRusso?" Johnny asks as he puts his arm on the top of his door.

"I'm doing good," Mrs LaRusso frowns slightly, "Make sure Rose get home safe, okay?"

Johnny frowns with confusion, "What do you mean? Where's Anna?"

"Well, I had assumed that she was going to be with all of you tonight when she said that she was going to Bobby."

Johnny refrained from allowing his eyes to widen in surprise.

Jimmy is at Bobby's. They said that they didn't feel like going with them which meant Rosana was with them too. Why was she with them if she didn't want to interact with him?