Lydia Martin

I was leaning against the wall outside of the dressing room. Lydia had forced me to come with her. She kept complaining all day that she didn't have any clothes.

I don't know where she got that from, she had more clothes than everyone on this planet. She could literally swim in her clothes.

We had been at the shopping mall for about 5 hours, we had skipped school to be able to go to every store. To say I was tired was an understatement, I was exhausted.

I was beginning to become annoyed, I mean how long can it take to try on ONE dress? I had finally had enough so I knocked on the door.

" Lyds? Is everything okay? " I asked and pressed my ear to the door. She didn't answer me so I took the liberty to open the door. Just in case she had passed out or something.

When I opened it she stood there hands on her hips looking intensely into the mirror. I could tell she was insecure about the fit.

I leaned against the doorframe and crossed my arms.

" You look good Lydia! " I said and smile at her through the mirror. She jumped a little and her hands flex up to her chest.

" Y/N!" She yelled out and turned around to face me.

" What? I'm telling the truth! " I exclaimed and laughed at her shocked face. She gasped and ran towards me and threw me inside and closed the door.

" Are you Crazy? Somebody could have seen me? "

" Oh sorry! But there is no one here " I started and pointed to the door but soon changed my mind.

" Whats wrong Lyds? " I asked and stepped closer, she wrapped her arms around herself and sighed.

" What of he don't like it? " she asked and I saw how vulnerable she was.

" You look amazing Lydia! And if he can't appreciate your beauty then something is really wrong with him! " I said and put my arm around her shoulders .

I smiled brightly down at her, hoping that my words would make her change her mind. She turned around and wrapped her arms around my waist. I hugged her back instantly.

" Thank you! " She said but her words were muffled by my jacket.

I just smiled brighter and held her tighter. This was what friends were for to give words of encouragement and help build up each other's confidence.