Dream Analyst: Tari (T) [Archive]

Will be accepting requests in the new review book, NOT here. Please wait until that's up to request so I can keep everything in one place.

I'm Tari, (tarishannon18) the most dramatic person you'll ever meet. I'm the picky reviewer that will point out everything. Everything. Nothing hides from me.

I study biochemistry at a university in Canada, so I started out in and still work a lot with academic writing. However, I've been writing creatively for quite a few years. I've read hundreds of books, published and on Wattpad, and I even have four completed books of my own. If you're experiencing writing problems, chances are that I've been there. Throwing your laptop (carefully, because it's expensive) across a room in frustration? Yes. Crying over a character's death? Multiple times.

At this point in time, I find that I work best with and learn best from polished work done by authors who are ready to have a deep analysis of their story done. If you're just starting out with writing or are not serious about editing, my services may not be right for you. However, if you're interested in perfecting your story, you've found your reviewer!

WHAT I'LL REVIEW

- all genres except poetry/stories that are not traditional enough to fit my numbers

- short stories (let me know when applying)

- mature content (don't let me know when applying)

- as much of your story as I feel I need to give substantial criticism

- prologues or introductory chapters that contain actual story material (but not aesthetics or disclaimers)

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM ME

I review with numbers. It's not to degrade you or set you in competition with other reviews. It's just what I, as an academically-based person, do. Your mark is out of sixty and will be split into five categories: initial impression (15), logistics (15), story flow (10), description (10) and originality (10).

I go hard on grammar. To me, grammar and logistics are very important. I can't appreciate anything if I'm confused. That being said, I know creativity calls for the bending of the rules; I'll give my opinion on if I think you're doing it effectively. I will search your entire story to find that one error that you didn't even know you had. I've always found something.

I may not accept you. Sometimes I just don't think I'm the reviewer you need—there are many possible reasons. The password is any food that starts with the first letter of your username. Because I may not accept you, please don't complete payment until after you receive a reply.

You're asking for my criticism, not my praise. Please understand this before you apply. I know how difficult it is to have someone rip apart work you've put your soul into, but that is quite literally what I'm going to do. I review as kind as possible, but I don't find value in sugarcoating.

Books that receive over 50 points are added to a specific reading list of mine. I encourage all readers to take a look at these exceptional books.

WHAT I ASK OF YOU

Please follow me. You are not required to follow me permanently—just until I publish your review—but I usually follow back most of the people I review, as long as they were nice to work with.

Please take a look at my writing. You don't have to think I'm a better writer than you, but if you think I write awfully or you hate my style, I'm probably not the person to judge your writing. I have a lot of books, so just pick one and read any chapter that interests you.

Add my book to one of your public reading lists. Do it. You'll notice this statement is slightly aggressive. This is because numerous people have revoked this payment after their review is posted. I put time and effort into your review, and this is the only permanent thing I ask for. I have three standalone books: Tell Them This When I Die, Venture to Uncertainty and Live to Venture. It must be one of those.

Please interact with your review. If you don't agree with what I said and you hate your review, comment something like 'this is trash; you're a terrible reviewer.' Anything is appreciated.

FORM

Tag me (tarishannon18) so I see your comment

Your username (tag yourself)

Title of the book to be reviewed

Genre of the book to be reviewed

Specific aspects to focus on (optional)

Grammar style of the book to be reviewed (this is optional—if not specified, I'll assume)

Password (very much not optional)

Tag 2 or 3 friends (optional)

Forms will only be accepted if they are commented inline to this sentence. Questions can be commented at the bottom (make sure to tag me) or PM'd to me.