84. LIFELINE

84. LIFELINE

"YOU HAVE NO right being this warm." Aliyah sneers as she cuddles into her man. Elijah chuckles and rests his chin on top of her head before stepping forward in the line.

The two stand in a line for a rollerskating rink that Aliyah's been eyeing the past couple of weeks but couldn't go to because she kept wussing out so when Elijah pulled up to the parking lot, she almost hit him.

While she has no clue how to skate, he'd spent enough time out at the rink with the babies for their skating lessons to learn a thing or two.

The couple had already eaten dinner at Island Vybez and brought their strawberry-banana smoothies with them to finish in the car. Now, Aliyah's freezing from the drink and the AC blowing in the building.

She looks down at the tacky carpet below their feet and shivers slightly.

"You're the one that decided to not wear a jacket." He pecks her hairline.

"Why would I when I have my lovely husband to keep me warm?" It's been five years and Aliyah still hasn't gotten over how good it feels to call Elijah her husband

"Why would I when I have my lovely husband to keep me warm?" It's been five years and Aliyah still hasn't gotten over how good it feels to call Elijah her husband. He rubs her arm through her thin turtleneck and kisses her again.

"Is this all I'm good for?" He chuckles, "Warmth and sex?"

Aliyah laughs as the two finally get to the booth to purchase entry inside, "It took you five years to figure this out?"

The two quickly get through and make their way to the shoe rental area. While Elijah gets their sizes, Aliyah begins to pull off her shoes and text her mom about if the babies are off to sleep. Kiara quickly responds letting Aliyah know that they'd been knocked out.

"Here you go." Elijah approaches and sits beside his wife, taking her sock covered foot into his lap so he can put on her shoes.

As he ties it for her, she begins to take a video of him. "Psst," She calls to him, prepping to say a cheesy pick up line, "Psst." She says louder, making him glance up at her with an expectant expression, "Browning — mi like yuh surrounding."

Elijah throws his head back in laughter. Ever since their honeymoon in Jamaica where a street vendor tried that pickup line on him, Aliyah's been saying it at least once every day.

And it's been five years.

"Are you really not gonna stop with that pickup line?"

Aliyah stops the video and laughs, "Does it look like I'm gonna stop?"

Elijah rolls his eyes playfully before putting on her other shoe then both of his. Sharing little jokes here and there, the couple make their way onto the rink — okay, Elijah makes his way to the rink while Aliyah latches onto his arm, her legs dragging behind her.