His Vessel

I walked silently along with my master. We walked the streets in peace, not a sound being uttered between us.  Sometimes I wondered where we were. I thought about asking, then thought about what he could do to me if I spoke without permission. The sounds of the city were too overwhelming for conversation anyway, I stayed silent. I held lightly on to his sleeve so that I wouldn't get lost. I always wish for my vision back, but even more so in the times like this.

We stopped. My master started talking to someone, he ordered something. Kikufuku? He orders it all the time, I still don't know what it is. He took what sounded like a paper bag from whoever was selling it before his phone rang loudly.

I heard it stop ringing as he started speaking.

"Ugh. Yes, yes, I'll go check on him."

He hung up the phone immediately after.

"We have to go check on Fushiguro. Apparently a special grade cursed object going missing is some huge deal. I'm going to hold on to you so we can get there faster."

He warned me before pulling me into an embrace. I could feel my body tense up and a sudden gust of wind before it ended. I was grateful that he let me wear different clothes than before. My previous masters would only allow me thin cloth, my new master let me wear warm, long clothes. Not to mention, my own clothes.

My white kimono, matching with my lover's. I would give anything to be able to see what it looks like now after all these years I've mostly forgotten. I only remember the color, white because Sukuna liked how white looked on us. He's all I remember, I remember him so vividly it hurts.

I could feel a subtle breeze where I was standing but it was mostly blocked out by the heavy cloth that draped my body.

"What's the situation?" My master asked.

I could hear Fushiguro gasp in shock. "Gojo-Sensei! Why are you here? With (Y/n)?"

"I wasn't planning on coming, but man, you're roughed up." Gojo said and pushed the bag he got into my hands before I could hear clicking noises. "I should show the second years."

"The higher-ups wouldn't shut up with a special grade cursed object gone missing. So I stopped by while doing some sightseeing. So, did you find it?"

I still had no idea what 'it' was, Gojo never mentioned anything. And I would never ask.

"Umm..." my head shot up, this was a voice I had never heard. I couldn't even sense that he was here.
"Sorry, but I ate it."

Oh dear.

"For real?"
"For real."

I heard Gojo's foot steps get further from me. It was silent for a moment before he chuckled. "It really did combine with you. That's hilarious. Anything feel off with your body?"

The boy was startled by Gojo apparently because he stuttered a little bit. "N-Not particularly."

"Can you swap out with Sukuna?"

I shuddered. They were after one of his fingers. I started to take a step forward but I stubbed my foot on something and almost fell, so I decided to just stay in place. It was better than blindly walking forward to where I thought they were.

I just wanted to feel his face, to see his eyes, to hug him finally. After all these years. To have his arms wrapped securely around me, keeping me warm. He would free me. I know he would. No one payed any mind to me and my stumbling as their conversation continued.

"Sukuna?" The boy asked.
"The curse you ate."
"Oh... Yeah, I think I can do that."

"Then give us ten seconds. After times up, come back to us."
"But..." the boy seemed hesitant to accept Gojo's offer.
"Don't worry. I'm the strongest." I could practically feel Gojo's smirk.

Fushiguro took the bag from me and I jumped, having forgotten he was there.
"What is it?" He asked. Gojo answered.
"Kikufuku from Kikusuisan."

"Behind you!" Fushiguro shouted.
"Kikufuku's not like other souvenirs..." Gojo continued his rant about what he bought.

I was sat next to Fushiguro, not knowing what was happening for him to be shouting. The next thing I knew, there was a loud crash and I could feel breathing on my face.

"Darling... what have they done to you?"

It was him. Sukuna.

I threw my arms around where the voice had come from as tears managed to track down my face.

"Ku-Kuna!" I cried out with him wrapped tightly in my arms. He pulled away and placed his hands on the sides of my face. I softly put my hands on his wrists.

"What have they done to you." He said again.
"I-I'm so so-sorr-ry I m-made yo-u w-wa-it s-so long!"
"My darling. Why won't you heal yourself?" His voice was a whisper, I could feel his warm breath against my cheeks.
"I-I ca-n't." I whispered
"What." His voice was no longer soft and tender, but full of malice and anger.

I felt a woosh of air, Sukuna was no longer in my arms, but I could hear fighting.

"You jujutsu sorcerers are always trouble, no matter the era!"

"Seven."

Gojo started to count.

"Eight. Nine. Ten."

"Should be time." When he reached ten, I could feel a change in the atmosphere.

"Oh, was everything okay?" The voice was different now.
"I'm shocked. You really can control it."
"He's kinda annoying though. I can hear his voice. He keeps talking about a wife. Yelling at her to heal or something."
"Huh. (Y/n), can you heal yourself?"

Gojo asked me, he was closer to me now. I didn't know wether I should answer or not. I might get in trouble from Sukuna if I told the sorcerer what I could do, but I could also get in trouble from the jujutsu community for not telling him.

I just nodded, not brave enough to let my voice leave me.

"Well then go ahead! You have my permission to heal yourself whenever you need it!"

I tried to use my jujutsu technique but nothing happened.

"Go ahead. I won't yell at you." Gojo was very gentle in telling me this. Politely pressing me on like a proud mother.
"I-I c-ca-n't." I whispered again.
"Eh?"
"It's n-not w-wor-k-king."

"Well then we just need to work on your health more, and get you back into it. I'm sure you've practically forgotten how to use jujutsu. Have you been drinking water everyday?"
A nod.
"Have you been eating 3 meals like I told you to?"
A hesitant nod.
"Have you been exercising enough?"
Another nod.
"Have you been sleeping well?"
...

"You haven't been sleeping?" Gojo asked. His statement was returned with a small shrug, almost as if I was unsure myself.

"You should have told me." He sounded slightly upset and I began to panic.
"I-I. I'm so-sorry, I-I shou-ould ha-have tol-d y-you."

"Sheesh. It's alright, there's no need to get nervous. You're not in trouble or anything." He moved off of the subject quickly with the sound of something falling and then being lifted.

"What did you do to him?" I heard Fushiguro's voice.

"I just knocked him out. If he isn't possessed by Sukuna when he wakes up then he has potential as a vessel."

Both men were quiet for a moment.

"Now then! I have a question, what would you like me to do with him."

"Even if he is a potential vessel, jujutsu regulations demand Itadori be executed. However, I don't want to let him die."
"Your personal feelings?" Gojo asked Fushiguro.
"Yes. Please do something about this."

"And you (Y/n)-chan? What do you think should happen to the boy? Surely you want to save him to see Sukuna again." Gojo asked.
I half shrugged, half nodded. Was I allowed to beg Gojo to save Sukuna for me?

"Well when it's a request from you and a precious student... Leave it to me!"