Chapter 41: Stomach

Exactly one year ago, Amora had to hold Belle's hair back while she retched into the toilet

Exactly one year ago, Amora had to hold Belle's hair back while she retched into the toilet. Now, their positions were switched, and they weren't at Hogwarts anymore.

"When are you going to tell him?" Belle asked, holding Amora's slick black hair back.

"N-not yet...don't want him getting scared," Amora murmured, trying to maintain her composure. She had been throwing up all morning, and now her stomach felt unbelievably empty. At least it felt like that, but Amora still remembered taking the pregnancy test.

The December winds were howling outside, but only Belle and Amora were home that morning. Cedric and Ned had left to go pick Cassie up from King's Cross Station, since she was on Holiday Break.

"You won't scare him off. Nothing you do would, why do you think you got that?" Belle asked, nodding her head to the ring on Amora's finger. Amora twisted it, something she always did when she got nervous and fidgety.

"He'll be a bloody amazing parent anyways," Amora huffed, sitting next to the toilet with her back against the bathroom wall. Belle sat across from her, and they rested for a moment.

"And you don't think you will be?" Belle questioned, looking into her best friend's eyes. Amora hated it when she did this, because she couldn't lie to Belle.

"I just...don't want to turn out like my mum, I guess. My childhood was depressing, and I would hate myself forever if I did something to my child," Amora murmured, burying her head in her knees. There. She said it. She was going to be a shit mom that abandoned her kids, just like Bellatrix.

"Amora Shea LeStrange, don't you dare say that you bloody idiot!" Belle scolded, smacking her on the shoulder.

"Ow! Belle!" Amora snapped.

"Well someone had to knock sense into you! First off, you're nothing like your mum. Not even close, so don't go thinking that you're a mini Bellatrix, because you're not. You're Amora, and that's why we love you. Secondly, you're amazing with Alicia and Frank! They love Aunt Amora!" Belle ranted. Amora paused, and slowly processed what Belle was trying to say.

"Belle...thank you!" Amora cried, tackling her friend in a hug.

"Don't get emotional on me now," Belle grumbled.

"We're home!" Ned's voice announced, and the sound of a door swinging open followed.

"Guess we better go greet our guests," Amora chuckled, giving Belle a hand up.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"So then I told him that his mum was built like an oaf, right before I hexed him with my wand!" Cassie chuckled. Cedric cracked a smile while Belle burst into laughter.

"If you ever need to learn some more hexes, I have an old book that has every single one you could think of," Belle offered.

"Belle..." Ned said sternly. Belle rolled her eyes and gave a what a party pooper look to Amora.