CHAPTER SEVEN: THE BITE

The gang all sat in cabin, listening to El who was calm by now. "He said he was building something. That it was all for me."

"He has to be talking about the flayed." River muttered, as she sat next to El, who nodded.

"So he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas sighed, as River gave him a nod.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike gestured to everyone as he spoke up.

"He's building it to stop Eleven."

"Last year.." River started, leaning forward as she sat up. "El closed the gate on him. Probably didn't make him the happiest person ever." She sarcastically spoke as everyone nodded, "A-and the Mind Flayer knows that El's the only one that can stop him. But if El's gone-"

"Game over." Lucas folded his arms as River nodded.

"Yeah. So that means his target is her." River finished off, pointing at El, who everyone looked at, causing her to glance around nervously.

"He also said he was going to kill all of you." She weakly spoke, causing everyone to tense up, River and Max exchanged looks before looking away, with a scoff in disbelief.

"Yeah, thats nice." They both muttered to themselves in unison. Though when Nancy had furrowed her eyebrows, walking over to the window and stood there, everyone now looked up at her.

"Do you guys hear that?" She shuddered, as everyone looked around. They heard faint screeching noises, which obviously wasn't something at the fair.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan shook his head, as River shook her head slowly.

"Billy." Nancy started, turning around, "When he told you this, it was here. In this room?"

El nodded in response, as everyone's eyes widened, and they now focused on the distant thudding sounds. Of course by now, whenever something like this had happened, Will was the one to sense it. So out of instinct, River looked at Will, who held the back of his neck. "He knows we're here."

"Shit." River spoke, her voice shaking slightly as they all stood up, rushing outside, and walking over to see the tress rustling, and then there he was, the Mind Flayer.

Everyone was quick to rush, Nancy walked into the shed, and River followed quickly behind.

She watched Nancy grab a gun, before leaning forward, grabbing two axes, looking down at them.

"Let's go." Nancy muttered, and the two left the shed quickly.  Rushing inside along with Jonathan, they saw everyone blocking each window, taking many precautions, shutting every door, and blocking everything else.

"Hey, get away from the windows!" Nancy sternly spoke, pointing to River, Lucas, and Mike who quickly stepped away. They stood in a circle, quietly as Jonathan held an axe, Nancy holding her gun.

The group panted shakily as they listened to everything shake, and the lights flickered. "It's close." Will muttered, causing River to gulp, still looking around.

They all looked up to one window they didn't block, as things in the kitchen dropped. "Holy sh-" River was mid sentence in a whisper, before it had broken through one part of the wall, causing everyone to gasp and scream, rushing away from the creature.

It reached it's hand towards the kids, and River watched as Jonathan ran up, hitting it continuously as he stood by her. It wasn't long until the mind flayer looked over, at the guy who held an axe and the girl who clearly didn't. But that didn't matter, because it slammed both of them against the wall, causing the two to yell out in pain.