9 | Comfort

Simran :

I walked out of his car in front of my office.

Which now I supposedly owned.

He walked out and stood beside me.
"Come on. Lets go in.", he said as he lead me inside.
I could hear my heart pumping wildly, this was different.
And really astonishing, because the man who got this done was the cold Vikrant Suryavanshi.

As I walked in all the employees stood up wishing" Good morning sir.. Good morning ma'am. ", as we passed by each desk.

At the end of the hall like room with the cubicles for the employees was the CEO's office.
My heart was pacing at a wild rate as we stood before the door.

There was a metal plate on which it was engraved,

" Chief Executive Officer
  Simran Ahluwalia Suryavanshi"

Vikrant pushed open the door as I followed him in.

"So here is your cabin. Have a great time.", he said as he turned to leave.
I stared at the off white table with a white recliner.
A sense of fear coursed through me. I immediately clasped his hand before he could leave.

He paused and looked at me.

"Yes?", he asked as I looked at him nervously.
"I.. I have no experience.. What will I do?", I mumbled, this was so out of my character.

He observed me closely and drew in a deep breath.

"Fine, first go and sit on that recliner.", he said as I released his hand and sat there almost agitated.

He stood opposite to the desk looking at me observantly.

Just then there was a knock at the door.
I looked at Vikrant but he only returned that observant look.
" Come in! ", I said as an instinct.

"Ma'am there are new clients. Shall I let them in?", I looked at Vikrant again but of course he just looked at me.
"Yes.. Let them in..", I mumbled under confident.

The assistant left.

"I don't know what to do..", I mumbled nervously as Vikrant's emotionless face broke into a smile.

"Simran there's only one rule of business, that is there are no rules. Your work is to convince people that you're company is the best. That you..", he paused laying emphasis on "You", "are the best."

"But I am not the best.", I mumbled looking down at the table.

"You are the absolute best.", he said as I looked at him. My heart skipped a beat.
"The best I have seen, and the best this company can have as a CEO.", he stated.

"You believe it?", I asked softly.
His smile widened, "I know it."

He continued, "Well you call yourself the Queen of your life, don't you? Someone who wants to make an impact while making an income?"

"You stalked my instagram?", I asked realising that he was talking of my instagram bio and posts.

"Well, yes.", he said as I blushed deep red.

"If you are so very confident about yourself then why are you so nervous now?", he asked.

"I.. Okay.. I got it.", I said drawing in a deep breath.

"Simran, a Queen rules. I have given you the throne, now rule it the way you want to.", he said as I looked at him in the eye.

Honestly, integrity and passion.
That's all I could see.

"Understood.", I said feeling a sense of confidence.

He nodded as there was a knock.

"They are here.", I said nervously.

"Queen.", he said, "Remember that."

Saying so he turned and left.

....

Vikrant :

I sat back in my car.
"Sir, should we head to your office?", the driver asked.

I drew in a deep breath. I myself felt nervous remembering my first day at work. Man, what a royal mess I was.

"Nope actually. Today I'm having a free day. I think—", just then my phone rang.

It was my old friend Vijay Nagar.
"Hello, Mister Suryavanshi! Heard you got married.", he said, I could say he was grinning ear to ear.

"Yes, I did. Now say.", I said sitting back.

"Man, I opened a new restaurant and I want to give you a date night with your wifey next week.", he said frankly.

"But I—"

"No ands and buts, Vikrant.", he said as I sighed.
"Okay fine. I'll try and take out time from my schedule.", I said with a sigh as I disconnected the call.

"Wait here. I am coming.", I said as I walked out of the car, upstairs to her cabin.

I was about to open the door when the door was opened from inside by the client.

"Oh! Hello Mister Suryavanshi!", he said as I nodded.
Almost everyone knew me, so I wasn't shocked.

"Had a great time, did you?", I asked with a smile.
"Of course. You're new CEO has really got some talent and creativity. Will be meeting you soon.", he said as he left.

I pushed open the door and walked in to find her sitting and looking at the papers, of her first deal cracked.

"So?", I asked as I went and stood beside her, I found myself smiling in her happiness.

She looked at me and in a fraction of second, she stood up and wrapped her arms around me, tightly.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

If it had been anyone else I would have pushed that person away as a reflex, but I just stood still.

"Thank you..", she whispered near my ear.
I could feel my breath shivering. This was almost after three years that someone had hugged me. More so someone I thought I wanted to harm. I just shut my eyes and wrapped my arms around her.

"You are welcome..", I mumbled.

I must have been terribly stupid years ago to believe that I'd have a problem with her touch.

I did not want this moment to end.
My breathing normalised in the warmth of her hug, and maybe her soul. I rested my chin on her shoulder.

This was comfort - the comfort I had been yearning for years.

...

He is definitely melting..
But how long would this last?