❀41❀

"Fallin for a stranger. Good gracious."

A couple of hours later, Taeyong and Renjun sit far away from the grounds, on the bench in the group

A couple of hours later, Taeyong and Renjun sit far away from the grounds, on the bench in the group. Renjun, being the best hacker in NCT—a prodigy at it—and a good fighter as well, usually is entrusted with a lot of information by Taeyong. As such, Renjun is one of the few people that know that Lee Taejin is Taeyong's father. The only other people that know about this are Donghyuck, Mark, Jisung, Jaehyun, and Sungchan.

Sungchan, Jaehyun, and Jisung have always known due to the alliance their parent gangs had before the entire mess began to fall into place. Taeyong told Mark, Donghyuck, and Renjun due to them being aces and his most trusted members. That and Renjun would've found out on his own anyway. His hacking skills are exceptional despite being the youngest hacker in NCT. In fact, Taeyong can only think of one person that could surpass Renjun's skills. Plus, Renjun's a great profiler and knows a lot about everyone.

"Taeyong, what are the codes?"

Taeyong sighs, running his right hand through his dyed black hair. These codes have been haunting his life since he was fifteen years old—maybe even earlier. He hopes to get out of this mess quickly and silence Octris once and for all.

"The codes...they're Octris's weakness. It's the most important asset any enemy of Octris could have."

Renjun nods his head, processing the incoming information. "Do we have them or something?"

Taeyong shakes his head. "It's a bit more complicated than that. When the codes were first discovered, only two people knew them. Now, only one person truly does."

Renjun turns his head, looking straight at Taeyong with a questioning expression. "Who?"

Taeyong hesitates. The secret isn't only his to tell. He knows that. But, he's pretty sure the other person also trusts Renjun with information. That prompts Taeyong to speak up.

"The original leader of NCT—Park Jihwan. It's Jisung's dad."

***

Inside the Jung manor, Jisung's memories slowly piece back together as he remembers the once vibrant household. After all, the Parks and Jungs were much closer to each other than the Lees could ever be. However, Jisung's confused as to why they're here. They need to get prepared for the mission at hand—taking down AXIS. How are they supposed to do this at Hwara's old house?

"Soojin?! Are you home?!" Hwara yells out, walking straight into the living room of the house.

Seconds later, Jisung hears a response, causing him to follow after Hwara.

"I'm cooking some food in the kitchen!"

Hwara then walks into the kitchen, Jisung coming in shortly after. "Hi, Jisung."

Jisung stiffly smiles, not having really interacted with Jaehyun's soulmate before. "Hi."

"Why are you two here?"