008

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"do you think she's single? she's gorgeous", one whispered.

"it seems like she's a priestess though", the other replied.

"what a pity. if she were a regular woman, I would've already asked for her hand in marriage", another sighed.

it truly was a shame. with kiyo looking like a goddess roaming the earth, most knew just by one look that she was a miko from the way she dressed.

while other ladies spent their time dolling up their face and buying flashy kimonos for themselves, kiyo was home reading beside the slightly lifted window as she guarded sukuna's shrine.

"HEY! IF YOU'RE GONNA BUY SOMETHING, HAND OVER THE MONEY FIRST!", a man shouted, to which it had caught a few people's attention.

"I-I'll pay you back! I swear!!"

"huh? like hell I'll believe that! money first!"

"but...my mother's starving...a-and...we haven't eaten in days...", the dark-haired boy mumbled with his eyes wavering as he stared at the steamed buns that were still in the cradle of the warm basket.

"I said you—"

"sir, I'll take the freshest basket of nikuman you have, and keep the change", kiyo interrupted as she slid ten mon across the table.

the man's expression had immediately changed as he happily packaged the steamed buns into three brown bags, to which kiyo had handed two to the boy beside her.

"why'd you...help me?", the boy asked, with his dark bangs covering the right side of his face, shielding his scar.

"you're in need of help, no?", kiyo smiled. "you should get back to your mother now", the girl urged, to which the boy had bowed.

though before he had run off, he asked for the girl's name.

"gojō kiyo, and you are?"

"u-umm...yoshino junpei", the boy muttered.

"have a nice day then, yoshino", kiyo smiled as she watched the boy scurry away.

with one bag of nikuman left, kiyo had taken one out and offered it to sukuna, who had promptly snatched it as he nearly burned his tongue with how hot it was.