The Problem is the Blood!

"Lena.... what?" Kara asks, confused.

Lena runs over to the transfusion machine and quickly turns it off, not bothering to explain it to anyone. Lena just needs to stop the transfusion as they are killing Alura with Kara's blood. Lena then turns to Alura with an attempt at a reassuring smile and carefully takes out the tube which was putting Kara's blood into her Alura's body.

"Lena? What's going on." Kara asks, very worried.

"Not now Kara. Eliza can you get me a cotton swab and a plaster to cover up the puncture wound?" Lena asks as she begins to take out the needle head which is in Alura's arm.

Eliza nods in response and quickly runs over to the other side of the room and grabs everything that Lena asked for and then returns and gives them to Lena. Lena carefully wipes away any residual blood, not wanting any more of Kara's blood to even have a tiny bit of a chance to get inside her, enough damage has already been done.

"'Ena?" Alura now asks, looking up at Lena with a worried look on her face.

"It's okay Alura. It's going to be fine." Lena tries to reassure her, doing a very bad job of it. Lena then turns to Kara. "Kara, I need you to get Alex, now."

Kara hesitates for a second but then nods and zooms out of the room, returning with Alex.

"Kara!? What the...." Alex says and then notices Lena standing looking worried over Alura. "What's happening?"

"I know what is wrong with Alura. I'm 90% sure. I just need another blood sample to be 100%. But, what I am sure about is that Kara's blood was....." Lena begins, but then looks at Alura, "not..... helping."

Kara lets out a gasp, clearly understanding that 'not helping' was just putting it lightly.

"Then what is going on Lena? What have you found?" Alex asks.

"I didn't know that Alura's blood type doesn't match Kara's, or match anyone's blood type for that matter. After you told me I began comparing Kara and Alura's blood types. I believe that the reason you could not match Alura's blood type to anyone else's is because it's two blood types combined. One human, one Kryptonian, one for the mother, one for the father." Lena explains.

Kara looks at Lena shocked. Meanwhile Alex and Eliza both give each other worried looks, clearly upset and angry and disappointed at themselves that they didn't catch this.

"So.... what does this mean?" Kara asks.

Lena turns to look at Kara.

"I'm not sure yet. I have a theory.... but..... to prove this theory I'm going to need a new blood sample...." Lena says as she bites her lip.

"Okay.... I can get another syringe to draw a sample." Alex says and begins to walk to get a syringe.

"It's not that simple." Lena says, stopping Alex in her tracks.

Eliza goes wide eyed as she looks at Lena and then looks sympathetically at Alura.

"What's not simple?" Kara asks, not understanding.

Lena turns to look at Kara and takes a deep breath. This explanation isn't going to be a nice one. Hell, everything that's going on isn't nice.

"Kara, we can't draw blood from Alura's arm because of the transfusion..... I need a clean sample of her natural blood type. Drawing from the arm or legs would give us an unbalanced mixture of both of your blood types. I need a..... direct source...." Lena explains.

Kara gasps again. Meanwhile Alex just looks at her niece with tears in her eyes. This next thing that they have to do is probably going to scar her for life.