Christmas Day

Lena wakes up with a jolt, someone jumping on her bed.

"Lena! Lena! It's Christmas!!" Alura says, excitedly, with a raised voice.

Lena groans, still feeling tired.

"Lena! Lena! Get up! It's Christmas!" Alura says, still excited.

Lena cracks open her eyes and she can tell right away that it's not 9AM like they agreed. In fact Lena doesn't feel like she's slept much at all.

"Alura, what time is it?" Lena asks.

"I don't know. I woke up. So it's Christmas and time to wake up." Alura smiles, basically buzzing with excitement.

Lena sighs and rolls over to grab her phone which is charging on the night stand. As Lena grabs her phone she looks at the time and that's when she notices that it's only 5AM, far too early to be awake.

"Alura, darling, it's only 5 in the morning. We still have 4 more hours." Lena says.

"What? No." Alura says, sounding dejected.

"Yeah, go back to sleep." Lena says, her voice full of sleep.

"But.... I'm too excited." Alura says, sounding disappointed.

Lena sighs again.

"Why don't you get under the covers with me and we can go back to sleep together." Lena says as she opens up the covers for Alura to crawl under.

"Okay." Alura says with a smile and then quickly crawls under the covers and snuggles up next to Lena.

Lena places the covers back down on top of both of them and then wraps her arms around Alura. Alura just rests her head on Lena's chest.

"Merry Christmas Lena." Alura says.

"Merry Christmas Alura. Now let's go back to sleep." Lena replies.

Alura nods and the two both close their eyes and drift off back to sleep, peacefully cuddled up together.

Lena is awoken a few hours later by a flash. Lena opens her eyes and sees Kara standing in her doorway with her phone in hand, clearly just haven taken a picture of Lena and Alura cuddled up in bed.

"Sorry." Kara says softly, noticing she woke up Lena. "I didn't mean to wake you."

Lena just hums in response and then turns to look at Alura. Alura is resting the side of her face on Lena's chest, snoring softly.

"What time is it?" Lena asks.

"Almost 9. I woke up and went to get Alura up, but she wasn't in her room, then I saw her in here." Kara says, softly.

"Yeah. She came in to wake me up at 5." Lena explains.

Kara cringes.

"Sorry about that." Kara says.

"It's okay." Lena replies, continuing to talk quietly.

Kara moves closer to the bed to look at Lena and Alura cuddled together.

"She must feel very safe with you to do that. It makes me happy." Kara says with a smile.

Lena shoots Kara back a smile.

"It makes me happy too." Lena replies.

"Well, I don't want to ruin the moment, but we should probably wake her." Kara says.

"Yeah, sure." Lena nods.

Lena moves her free hand to begin to stroke the side of Alura's head.

"Alura, darling, it's time to wake up." Lena says softly.