||Needy||

Sensing my distress, Azrael wrapped his arms around my small frame and pressed my body into his side. I shivered in pleasure when I was completely engulfed by his calming scent.

"What do you want?!" My daemon snapped in annoyance. His deep tone sent shivers down my spine.

"Mother wants you down for dinner in 10 minutes. She feels bad that you didn't get to attend my birthday gala last night. You also haven't joined us in a while." A hand twisted the doorknob and the person muttered to themselves in confusion when it didn't open. "Why is the door locked?"

I quickly identified the voice to be Prince Ronan's and my heart stuttered when he continued fiddling with the door.

"Tell her to take her pity elsewhere. She's the reason I have to be locked up here in the first place—fuck off with the door already!"

Azrael yelled in annoyance when Ronan started to bang at the wooden structure.

"I'm entitled to some fucking privacy in this gods-forsaken place, I don't see how that's any of your concern."

I leaned more into my mate's side as the Prince chuckled at his words.

"The last time I checked you are my concern. I'm next in line Azrael. It's my responsibility to make sure all my subjects are well and accounted for. I'm simply inquiring because I worry about you. I mean, it would be nice for you to start speaking to me with some respect."

A low growl suddenly sounded from Azrael's chest; it was much deeper and more profound than his previous purring. 

Was he upset?

Prince Ronan's words didn't seem all that harmful but maybe it was the tone in which he spoke. There was a certain lilt to his words to made me think he was smiling behind the closed door, even while he was trying to appear sincere.  In that case, perhaps he had come off as a bit condescending.

I gasped quietly when the arm that was around my middle suddenly tightened and started to warm. It heated slowly, making me second guess if it was really happening or if it was just my mind playing tricks on me. 

But my middle was indeed heating up and in a surprisingly comforting way. I furrowed my brows and ran my fingers along Azrael's skin, my eyes widening when I felt that he was more than just warm— he was hot to the touch.

"Azy" The nickname slipped out as I whispered in concern.

At my voice, his head flashed down to me and I flinched when pools of black met my gaze.

Bael

Was that why he was so hot?

Although, the daemon was gone as soon as I saw him and Azrael's pretty eyes were back, a flickering flame burning in his red iris.

No words were exchanged as he looked at me. I swallowed as his ringed fingers ran across the exposed flesh of my chest, the cool metal a drastic contrast to my heated skin. 

"Nothing to say? That's a surprise." The Prince chuckled when he didn't receive a response to his previous statement. 

"You of all people should know that I prefer to show how I feel."