Specials! 31: Fenrir's quest

"Okay. It's your turn, Azusa." Erin said as she moved a tiny car piece. She and the twins are currently playing Monopoly in the boys' room.

"Hm. The Hawaii coast is quite expensive. But nevermind, I'm gonna buy this one."

"Damn it Azusa! I was planning to buy that property!" Tsubaki whined while crossing his arms over his chest. Azusa just shrugged his shoulders in response.

A magic circle flashed on the floor and the trio looked at it curiously. When the light from the circle dimmed down, Fenrir appeared and the trio welcomed him in surprise.

"Fenrir!"

The wolf jumped towards Erin and the girl stumbled down on the bed from catching him.

"Woah. It's been a while since we've last seen you!" Erin giggled when the wolf licked her cheeks

"How are you, Fenrir?" Azusa asked. "Did team Vali teleported you here?"

"Yeah. Where did those guys brought you anyway?"

Erin assumed a sitting position on the bed while Fenrir jumped down on the floor.

"Team Vali dragged me to accompany them on a certain quest." replied Fenrir as he communicated to the twins. Because they are wolves, they could understand each other. Erin could also communicate with Fenrir due to her ability to talk to animals.

"Quest? For what?" Erin asked curiously.

"Well, there are 2 reasons. First is that the dragon residing inside that Vali's gear is experiencing depression. That's why, the Vali team went to seek for a counselor who is residing deep on the mountains."

"Albion is depressed?" Erin touched her chin in thought. "But why?"

Fenrir tilted his head to the side.

"It seems like he is horrified at the prospect of his rivals powering up at the thought of vulgar things. You see, breasts, topless, and all those words."

"Ah, I see..." Erin rubbed her neck and spoke sheepishly. " Is that perhaps the reason why Vali lost against Cao Cao before? Because Albion was having a depression?"

"Also, Master.." Fenrir trailed off. "Albion was so shocked at the thought of Miss Rias' power of breasts. His state of mind broke so much that Vali needed time to wear his Heavenly Dragon’s armor. The Norse God Odin also seemed to get in contact with the team and he gave a nickname to Vali which is the Ketsuryuukou or Butt Dragon."

"Stupid old man and his silly names." Erin said with a sigh.

"Damn. That's sad but also kinda funny." Tsubaki said with a laugh.

"Well, Heavenly Dragons are brimming with pride. So the thought of powering up with those new methods is a blow to their ego." Azusa remarked.

"According to Vali, the residual thoughts of the past White Emperors are arguing to make a 'Victims of the Perverted Blue Empress and Red Emperor Association' Fenrir added.

"Pfft. What the heck is that association?" Tsubaki snickered and Fenrir shook his head at this.

"The monkey and the cat woman had the same reaction as you."

"Monkey, you mean Bikou? And I assume the cat woman is Kuroka." Erin said.

"You seem to be getting along well with them, Fenrir." Azusa said in a jolly tone.

Fenrir stretched his legs and made a small snort as if finding the idea funny.

"That monkey is always laughing. He gets influenced by the current culture, and on top of that he happens to be fond of those things. What he eats and the way he lives does not have any elegance at all. That monkey is ranked at the very bottom. I rate him below the cat. I don’t want to consider him as equal to me. I will be filled with hatred if someone even mentions that."

"And what do you think of Kuroka?" Erin said who was amused at Fenrir's words

"In my head, that nekomata has a complicated rating. She does have potential. I will admit that. However, the way she thinks is too easy going and simple minded. On top of that she happens to be vulgar." replied the wolf.

"I agree on that." Erin made a thinking expression.

"Kuroka specializes in areas that are related to techniques such as demonic-powers, senjutsu, and youjutsu. Therefore, she has great potential. But she is also easy-going and kind of playful."

"She is really vulgar, master." Fenrir spoke in a tone as if he was giving a warning. "Did you know that she is revealing her outrageous plans to me on how to seduce you? She also seduces Vali but she is often ignored so she set her sights on her new target which is you."

"Don't worry about her, Fenrir. I can handle her." Erin replied with a chuckle.

"Lady Erin is right. And besides, I doubt that Kuroka's plan would even commence especially when Miss Rias and Miss Akeno are here."

"Yeah Master. Your girlfriends are really scary when they get overprotective. They really are possessive of you." Tsubaki remarked.

Fenrir then began narrating his opinions on the other Team Vali members

"Arthur Pendragon. He’s always mild and  I can’t help but sense the 'nothingness' inside that man. He must not have the slightest interest in anything except what he’s interested in. However, in regards to battle he carries unmatched cruelness and accurateness, and he approaches any situation with a calm mind."

"I assume that in your opinion, that man is ranked quite high." Erin said and Fenrir nodded at this.

"Hai. This hierarchy is strongly decided by me. My pride as a wolf overcomes my intelligence, and that’s how I base things." Fenrir raised his head up proudly.

"And what do you think of Vali?" Tsubaki asked.

"The atmosphere around his body, and the pressure coming from his body, shows that he is above the group. His eyes that is seeking for battles is always burning with fire even if that flame is small or big."

"In other words he is a battle freak." Tsubaki concluded.

"Which member in the Vali Team is your closest friend or companion, Fenrir?" Erin asked with a thoughtful look.

"If I have to choose one, then it will be Arthur's younger sister." Fenrir wagged his tail absentmindedly. "

"She’s someone who’s always smiling among the group. Unlike other members, she doesn’t have the slightest evilness in her. However, like her brother, she has a unique atmosphere where I can’t read what’s going inside her. The cooked meat and vegetables this girl solely makes for me is very delicious, and it is one of the valuable enjoyment I have while being in that group."

"I see.. I must thank Le Fay for watching over you then." Erin said with a small smile.

"Hai! I ranked her as my sworn friend inside myself. I am often asked to protect her, and you can say she’s someone I interact with the most." replied Fenrir in a happy tone.

"What about the 2nd reason for the quest, Fenrir?"

"Yes, team Vali was looking for Prince Nazha. It appears that he is one of the strong foes Vali and his team mates are chasing after."

"Like I said, that man really is a battle freak." Tsubaki said and Erin nodded at this.

"Who is this Prince Nazha?" Azusa asked curiously.

"Based on what Le Fay told me, he’s a Buddha that appears in two of the Chinese Four Great Mystery Novels, 'Journey to the West' and 'Romance of the Investiture of the Gods'. He is a Hero of Battles who wore many Gods armories and dominated many battles."

"I think that Team Vali is just looking for quests that entertains them." Erin mused. "Their journey is far from over... and I think they'll be frequently asking you to accompany them, Fenrir.."

Fenrir blinked curiously and Erin patted his head.

"Whatever reasons Vali has, I think he has grown fond of you. And I won't prohibit you to join their quests if you wanted to join them. You just have to promise that once you finished helping them, you'll come back here safely, okay?"

Fenrir wagged his tail in reply and howled happily.

"Hai! Master!"

- End of Chapter -