Specials! 32: Kiba's Past

- Long chap -✏ same as the next chapter
_____________________________________

Erin and Kiba were currently having a sparring match on the special training room in the house. The latter made some distance with Erin and stared at the sword in his hands.

"As I thought.. it's still difficult for me to control Gram." spoke Kiba between breaths. Erin hid away her sword and patted Kiba's shoulder.

"It's okay. I'm sure you will be able to learn it in due time."

They approached the benches and took a sip of their bottled water.

"We really went through a lot, huh." Kiba said as he leaned on the wall. "Our group.. we went through a lot of hardships and survived those tragedies.."

A small smile appeared on Erin's lips and she nodded at the words.

"Yes. You're right about that."

"Looking at how far we got and how far we become, it really makes me proud. I remember when the ORC is composed of only 4 members.. and from there, the members increased and more memories were created."

"You're quite the sentimental guy, Kiba." Erin teased with a grin and they both shared a laugh.

"That reminds me... how did you and Rias met?" Erin gazed at Kiba thoughtfully. "I mean, if you don't mind narrating your past.."

Kiba smiled faintly before responding.

"I met Buchou on a day when it was snowing. I only had one thought while I was fighting for my life in that snowy forest.. and that thought is, that I wanted to live."

Kiba's expression turned stern as he recalled the memory

"As a test subject, and as one of the children gathered for the project of the Church, I really have no other purpose during that time. The Church gathered children like me who have no family and who also have a special ability for their project in order to make us capable of wielding the holy-sword Excalibur artificially."

"Day after day, it consisted of experiments. It was full with harsh
experiences, but since we were told that we would become a special being that would one day be chosen by God, my comrades and I didn’t even have the slightest fear. But then.... all of that changed suddenly."

Kiba clenched his fists on his lap

"They suddenly came to dispose of us. We were gathered at one location and they put gas over us—. My hands
became paralyzed, my legs stopped moving, and my body went through
intense pain as if I had my nervous system slashed. There were many liquids including my tears and blood coming out from my body, and only pain conquers my body."

"Kiba....." Erin mumbled in worry and the boy just smiled sadly.

"I didn’t know what was going on at first. I even thought it was an experiment. Then my comrades die one after another. I finally came to understand the situation I am in while my turn to die was approaching. I was pushed towards the center of the room. Even if I were to stop breathing, there’s a limit to it. I started to inhale the gas gradually and take in the gas into my body as I breathe in."

"But one of my comrades pushed away one of the researchers. After he opened the door by force, my comrades shouted at me who was in the least critical state out of all of us."

*(Flash!)*

Go! At least you survive!”

"Hearing that, I escaped from the room after standing up right away. I don’t want to die. With only that in my mind, I succeeded in escaping from the researchers after I found my chance to escape. However, the pursuers persistently chased after me. Within the forest of the mountains while the snow fell, I simply continued to run."