Chapter 16

A few days had gone by of everyone buzzing about the Valentine's day dance and who was going to ask who. It was Thursday after classes and the Gryffindors had quidditch practice that evening.

Elle currently was walking down the hall towards the common room when two tall gingers suddenly were on either side of her.

"Hey Ellie" George grinned at her.

"Hey, guys, what are you up to?" She asked.

"Heading to practice before Oliver has a fit." Fred told her as she nodded.

"Well have fun with that."

"Come watch us practice! Please..." Fred begged her as she playfully sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I guess that'll be fine, lead the way gentleman." Elle giggled, looping her arm through both of theirs as they pulled her to the pitch.

"About time you two showed up, hm? Oh hello Ellie." Oliver Wood greeted the trio.

"Hi Oliver, these bozos want me to watch their practice, is that alright with you?" She asked him as he nodded.

"As long as you don't tell our secrets to your brother or your boyfriend." Oliver joked as Elle pulled a face.

"Boyfriend?" She questioned as George laughed at the situation and seeing how pissed off his twin looked, just as Angelina joined the conversation.

"Yeah, that Slytherin chaser. Jackson, I think his name is." Oliver said as Fred and Ellie both rolled their eyes, Ellie giving a light shove to George who was still laughing.

"No, not my boyfriend. Just my friend." Elle told Oliver as he nodded.

"Ah, sorry about that then." Oliver spoke as Elle just shrugged him off.

"You guys should date though. You would be a cute couple." Angelina told her as Elle shook her head.

"No, we don't like each other like that. At all. He's my best friend." Elle said as Angelina just gave her a stoic look. " Anyways, your Gryffindor practice will be kept top secret. I won't be staying for the full practice either, I have to meet Luke at 4."

"Alright then, up in the stands you go." Oliver smiled at her as Fred hopped on his broom.

"Want a ride?" He giggled at her.

"Sure, drive me up!" Elle laughed as Fred moved forward on the broom so she could sit behind him. She slipped behind him and quickly wrapped her arms around him as he flew her up, allowing her to step off and into the stands.

"Thank you for the ride kind sir." Elle playfully said.

" Any time m'lady." Fred bowed before taking off towards the rest of his team.

Elle sat there for a while, watching the team practice, cheering when someone scored, laughing at Oliver's pissed-off reaction, and soon, it was time for her to go and meet Luke. Elle quickly grabbed her bag before walking back up to the castle to meet her friend.

Meanwhile, the Gryffindors were still practicing for their next game.

Once they were done practicing, they all were in the change room, taking off their gear.

"Freddie, who are you actually going to ask to the dance?" George whispered to his brother, around the corner away from the rest of the team.

"Not Angie. I mean, she's a good friend and all but I don't know how many times I have to tell her I'm not interested like that." Fred mumbled out, quickly changing his shirt