Rejection

"Just... look inside my mind, I'll think about what I want you too see." Keefe said intently, eyes filled with determination. Sophie tipped her head in confusion, where was he going with this? But instead of wondering any longer she let herself into his mind and focused on the images he was showing her.

~~~
The memory started playing and curiosity over took her as she frowned when she noticed Ro in the corner of Keefe's room, it was a memory maybe from a few months ago. Keefe was at his desk drawing... something. She couldn't see what. It seemed an ordinary day in "the Life of Keefe" so why had he chosen this memory to show her? What was so important about it?

"You have to tell her someday Keefe." Ro said.

Sophie perked up at the noise, picking up on the query. Who was Ro talking about? And once again... why was Keefe telling her?

"I can't do that too her, she's with Fitz now so it's even more complicated." Keefe said, looking... sad?

With... Fitz? She gulped, tensing slightly at this. A mix of emotions inside her as she realized they were probably talking about her. Unless Fitz has been with someone else... but that didn't even make sense. But still. Why her? Her thoughts quieted as she saw Ro turn to speak more.

"Fitz isn't good for her and you know it hunkyhair, a guy shouldn't care so much about a random sparkly list telling him who he can smooch with." Ro said, and than seemed to pretend to slice off her lips... which was very oddly disturbing for multiple reasons Sophie chose not too comtemplate. Besides... she was too busy wondering why in the world Ro and Keefe would be talking about her and her match status. But than her blood turns cold as she realized something.

Wait. She thought, frozen as fear crept inside her.

Did it... bother Keefe that she was unmatchable? Was that what this was all about? Was he going to... leave? The fear inside her turned into a stressed frenzy and Sophie shook her head, trying too push out all those unwanted thoughts. There was no way right? This was Keefe. And he'd acted so swee- nice earlier, so he wouldn't. He couldn't. Leave like this.

She wouldn't be able to bear it.

And that thought alone is what scared her the most, because what if someday she woke up and Keefe wasn't there anymore?

"Um. One," Keefe's voice filled her ears as the memory continued on and Sophie pushed away all those horrid thoughts and placed them in the back of her mind, hoping they'ed never be true. For now she would focus on the topic at hand. Which evidently was Keefe.

"that's not what they're there for, and two I don't think they're sparkly." Keefe said, annoyed, shading the undertones of his sketch, and this time Sophie could see it, shocked to see it was the start of one she'd found tucked into his books only weeks earlier.

"Oh please, all you elves decorate with is sparkles. But seriously you have too agree with me when I say Blondie was right too worry so much about his reaction."

Blondie. That's what Ro always called her, so now she was sure they were talking about her. And Fitz...

"I guess," he mumbled.

Sophie watched, confused at his sullen character, usually full of jokes and pranks and energy but right than... he wasn't. But why?

"Come on Hunkyhair, just say it." Ro started, and Sophie directed her attention back too the memory. Say what?

You're scared to tell her how you feel. You're afraid of rejection, you're heartbreakingly in love with someone who couldn't be more oblivious, you-"