CHAPTER EIGHT: THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT 1

El continued to wail in pain, gripping onto the two girls hands tighter and tighter by each second, as everyone watched in fear. "There's something in there!" Mike spoke up, tapping River as she looked to Eleven's leg.

"Holy shit." She muttered, watching Dustin lean forward, as his eyes widened.

"Jesus Christ."

"Keep her talking, keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan yelled out, as everyone nodded.

As Jonathan ran off, River turned to El quickly, cringing as she glanced at her leg again. "El? El, you're gonna be okay. Tell me about your outfit, walk me through it, okay?" River urged softly, as El continued to cry.

"Black and Yellow." The girl in pain cried out, as River nodded firmly.

"Yes! Yes, now-" Before she could continue to keep El talking, Jonathan rushed over, while the two girls held El up.

"Okay, alright El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan muttered, as the girl sent a weak nod, between cries.

"Okay." She sobbed, and River started to rub her shoulder, attempting to comfort her.

"Just stay real still, here, your gonna wanna bite down on this, okay?" Jonathan handed her a wooden spoon, that Max took and placed into her mouth.

Jonathan had now held the knife up to El's leg, giving an uneasy look to the others before Mike nodded by River's side. "Do it."

And then he stuck her knife into her leg, causing her to groan in pain before he stuck her hand in, causing her to yell in pain again, and everyone cringed at the sight.

River let out shaky breaths as she rubbed El's shoulder's, and Mike placed his hands onto hers. El continued to groan in pain as everyone urged him to stop.

"Jonathan!"

"God damnit!"

"Jonathan!"

River glanced down as tear dropped down the side of El's face, and she continued to scream, but it was progressively getting worse.

"Jonathan, stop it!" River shouted out, louder than anyone else had as he paused, looking up at her.

She took the spoon out of El's mouth, who was shaking her head and muttering in between her sobs. "I can do it." She weakly spoke. "I can do it."

Holding her hand up, El yelled as she began to take it out, screaming loudly as everyone watched, stiffly. The glass behind them broke, causing them all to cover their heads as they jumped, and El had finally gotten it out, throwing it forward.

A shoe had stepped on it, and they all looked up to see Hopper, along with Joyce and Murray.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins. To stop El, to kill her, and pave a way into our world." Mike explained to everyone.

"And it almost did, that was just one tiny piece of it."

"How big is this thing?" Hop questioned, glancing at everyone who gave shrugs.

"It's big. Thirty feet at least." Jonathan spoke up in a soft tone, as Lucas nodded.

"Yeah." He started, "It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry."

"Okay, so.." Steve frantically turned to his sister, glancing at her quickly before looking at the others, "Just to be clear. This..this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic weapon?"