Chapter 20

I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you

"So what we get drunk!" I sing loud and proud, not giving a damn about who might hear Grayson and I as we walk along the shoreline of the ocean

"So what we smoke weed!" Grayson sings just as loud, skipping through the shallow water. The moon is bright and making it look almost like there is a halo around Grayson from where it is hanging in the sky behind her.

I run over to her to pick her up and spin us around in a circle. "We're just having fun!" I shout, finding myself smiling wide when I hear Grayson laugh from my spontaneous act.

That seems to be me the entire night. Being spontaneous as hell. I can't believe I've been acting like this with her. I'm not even thinking before I do things.

I guess when people call alcohol, liquid courage, they're not wrong.

I've never been this drunk before.

I don't see myself getting drunk like this too often, though. I enjoy the feeling of being more carefree and weightless that the alcohol has given me. But I don't want to rely on alcohol to get me to feel this way. If anything, this whole experience is giving me motivation to seek out ways to feel this sensation when sober.

Because I feel like I'm on cloud nine right now.

"We don't care who sees!" Grayson continues, wrapping her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck, making no move to create space between us.

That's something that I have really been enjoying tonight. She hasn't once seemed to care about me being all touchy tonight. Actually, she seems to be acting just as touchy with me.

It shocked the hell out of me the first few times that she initiated being affectionate with me in some capacity. But once the alcohol really hit me, I quickly forgot about the shock value of it all and just decided to enjoy it.

Every little touch with her all night has had my stomach doing these crazy flippy flips and has my skin tingling from where she touched me. It's like a bloody drug.

"So what we go out!" I sing the next line of the song. "That's how it's supposed to be!" I add, the memory of us dancing on the kitchen island earlier tonight flashing in the forefront of my mind and making me smile even bigger.

"Living young and wild and free!" We both shout in unison, probably way too loud for it being night time, and definitely out of tune.

"Wait, wait, wait, babe," Grayson rambles, stumbling over her words slightly because of her still drunken state, as I slowly put her down so we can continue our walk back to the beach house. "Pick me back up." She pouts before her feet even touch the sand.

I shake my head and laugh in disbelief at her request. "Okay, but get on my back instead." I reason with her as I set her down.

Once she is standing in front of me, I turn around and squat so that she can jump up onto my back.