CHAPTER 9: THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT 2

They had all looked up to see the Mind Flayer approaching, as River and Nancy rushed into the car. River sat next to the two boys, pushing them aside softly for space and they drove off, calling Steve and Robin over for them to get in as well.

The two young boys, stared as River, who looked down, her hands still shaking, their mouths slightly parted in shock.

"That was badass." Both commented in unison, as River sent them a look of confusion. Will had an apparent smile on his face as Lucas shook his head, sighing, still in disbelief.

"You're crazy, River."

The girl had only glanced back to her older brother who sat behind.

"Hey," She softly spoke, "Thank you." She nodded firmly as she awkwardly thanked him, earning a smile and nod from her older brother.

"Yeah." He simply stated, before she turned back. They continued to drive off, and they were far away, the Mind Flayer still being close behind before hearing the Walkie Talkie.

"Dusty-bun, you copy?"

"I copy, Suzie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks."

"Suzie." Robin and Steve both spoke in unison.

River didn't listen to anything, she was just focusing on Mike, Max, and El.

She leaned her head against the window, her breaths heavy before she heard it.

"Turn around, look at what you see. In her face, the mirror of your dreams."

Dustin began singing, causing the three friends to turn quickly, furrowing their eyebrows, and sending each other glances.

"Make believe i'm everywhere! Given in the light, written on the pages is, the answer to a never - ending story.."

Dustin was now joined by a voice, and River didn't even know what to say, the boys didn't either, they just listened in shock.

"Reach the stars. Fly a fantasy, dream a dream. And what you see will be."

River now grew tired of it, leaning forward, catching her brothers attention. "Okay is there some kind of way we can ask him to shut up, and stop singing while our lives are at stake?" She muttered to her brother, who shook his head slowly, causing her to groan.

"Rhymes that keep their secrets will, unfold behind the clouds. And there upon a rainbow is..the answer to a never ending story."

River threw her hands into her face, with a loud groan as the boys beside her snickered. "Plancks constant is 6.62507004." The girl had informed, causing River to clap.

"Finally." She muttered along with the other two boys.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

Running back into the mall, River and the three boys gasped after seeing El on the floor, only El, along with Billy, and the Mind Flayer.

River let out a few shaky breaths as she looked down at the sight and Lucas nudged her, "Fireworks." He whispered. The three kids had all grabbed fireworks, quick lighting their fireworks, as they watched the Mind Flayer shriek, it's hand approaching El.