𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

"HOLD MY HAND," Din commanded and yet, his voice was far from the stern voice one uses to be followed. Instead, his voice sounded gentle and...caring.

There he was, standing in the middle of the makeshift exit they made out of kicking one of the metal blinds of the window off. The hall was dimly lit and yet to Aeryn's eyes, Din Djarin was a beacon of light.

The sunlight reflected on his back as he stood there, lending his right hand to Aeryn whilst holding a blaster with his left one. She couldn't see his face and yet she knew that he was giving her a look of reassurance.

And she was right.

Underneath the helmet, Din Djarin had a look of utmost reassurance on his face. Something that he would only show to a certain violet-eyed woman and the child.

"Hold my hand," he repeated, inching closer to Aeryn who remained down the hall, looking up at him. "And don't let go."

The Mandalorian was bathed in blinding sunlight, his back facing the outside. The gentle wind brushed against Aeryn's skin as her eyes were glued on Din.

He was there. He was really there.

Seeing Din Djarin right in the flesh and having him hold out his hand for her was something she wasn't expecting to ever see again. She was never expecting to see her home once again.

"Never," she replied with a face that displayed both guilt and longing. "You can trust me on that one."

"Good."

With that, Aeryn Mavek reached for the Mandalorian's hand and there, they both stood by the window, eager to escape.

Mayfeld followed right after.

"Oh, wow," Aeryn gasped, immediately looking away from her feet. "That's high. We're high. I-I'm not scared, though."

They were high up. She could see the rest of the building's structure, the bridge, and the plethora of trees surrounding the area. The harsh, violent flow of the water from the dam fell to the river underneath.

"You're safe," Din shot one of the troopers following them. "You're with me."

"I know."

The Mandalorian squeezed Aeryn's left hand as they both made their way to where the ladder was.

"Do you have a plan?" the girl asked, looking around. "Not that I think you don't."

"We do. We just have to go straight up there and meet our pilot."

"Pilot?"

Din halted, kicking one troopers peeking by the window.

"We have a fair amount of catching up to do, Aeryn." he stated, looking right into her familiar violet eyes.

"And I am looking forward to it."

"Look out!" Mayfeld yelled and instinctively, Aeryn ducked while Din leaned back to the wall to take cover.

They were being surrounded by several troopers but for some reason, the troopers were also being shot from shots the three did not make.

"Who's shooting for us?" Aeryn asked as she proceeded to stand up and lean right beside where Din was.